Options

What's wrong with being comfortable and complacent?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I do not have much to add beyond what has already been said. If you are in a stable position, happy, good at what you do and provide value to your employer there is nothing wrong with being comfortable and complacent. Just know, at least in my opinion, that does not equal "I don't have to learn new things" - always learn. IT is a progressive industry so complacent is learning the technologies pertinent to your duties and staying on top of that tech. As an example, if you're a server admin you do not necessarily need to understand the intricacies of Brocade FC switching but you should keep up with new OS features in the platforms you support.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @T I agree and believe me I still continue to learn. I'm like a elephant once I learn something I never forget it, however it takes me a while to learn certain things so I am always at it. Thanks for the follow!

@asmills Appreciate the follow up! Thanks for the reassurance.
  • Options
    doobudoobu Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like he said, keep learning. That new knowledge just may happen to open a door you never knew you wanted to walk through. It's a big world with so many things to do, see, and experience.

I think being content is nice, not complacent. Things can always change on a dime, so you never want to be too content. A balance with everything.