Options

Failed Security + but got one more time for free!

tebulakatebulaka Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

I took the Security + exam today and failed with a score of 568. I think it was good for me to have one go round before taking the next one in two weeks. They let me know what I needed to work on, so that's cool. It seems scenarios were my downfall.

My study was a one of those Groupon deals + CertMaster + looking stuff up on the internet. I don't think CertMaster helped at all because the exam felt very different. The Performance Based part didn't seem as difficult as the questions themselves.

I thought more port questions where going to be asked but were not. I would suggest getting the retake deal ($360) while offered. It is a good insurance policy for you to have. I will update you with my training and when I pass!

Comments

• Options
    tt3000gttt3000gt Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. How long have you been studying and besides CertMaster what materials have you been using? Any suggestions ? I'm about to take the test this Sunday!
  • Options
    tebulakatebulaka Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been studying for 30-60 days. You need to think a lot about the scenarios. SO look @ 1.2,1.4 and things that talk about the scenarios on the objectives. You get the performance based stuff before the questions.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck for next time !
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I took this last year before starting WGU and used the Darril Gibson book as my only resource. Give it a shot if you haven't already.

Good luck next time!
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response