graded scale of 100-900

namanama Member Posts: 187
Comptia says this:
The CompTIA A+ upgraded exams covering the 2003 objectives are graded on a scale of 100 – 900.

What does it mean?

Another question:
Is the A+ total marks 1000?

Comments

• kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It means that the lowest possible score is 100 and highest possible is 900.
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    kalebksp wrote:
    It means that the lowest possible score is 100 and highest possible is 900.
    how many questions can I afford to "lose" (answer incorrectly) at most in order to pass the exam?
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I believe that some questions are weighted (they count for more points) than others, so that's impossible to know. If you just want a guess I would say 38. That's based on there being 800 points that you can earn (900 - 100 = 800), approximately 80 questions on a test, and the passing score of 515 for the core hardware exam. Keep in mind though, other factors do apply and this is just a rough estimate.
    kalebksp wrote:
    I believe that some questions are weighted (they count for more points) than others, so that's impossible to know. If you just want a guess I would say 38. That's based on there being 800 points that you can earn (900 - 100 = 800), approximately 80 questions on a test, and the passing score of 515 for the core hardware exam. Keep in mind though, other factors do apply and this is just a rough estimate.
    I suspect that more marks are allocated for questions that contain multiple answers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    nama wrote:
    kalebksp wrote:
    I suspect that more marks are allocated for questions that contain multiple answers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The only people who know are CompTIA people. I wouldn't think a question with multple answers is more or less than any other, unless maybe it was more difficult and therefore weighted more than an easier question.

There is little point in worrying about how much questions are valued at and how many can be missed. Focus on knowing the objectives inside and out and you'll pass. :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Plantwiz wrote:
    nama wrote:
    kalebksp wrote:

The only people who know are CompTIA people. I wouldn't think a question with multple answers is more or less than any other, unless maybe it was more difficult and therefore weighted more than an easier question.

There is little point in worrying about how much questions are valued at and how many can be missed. Focus on knowing the objectives inside and out and you'll pass. :)
    I'll try my best, thanks for the advise. :)
  • don't fret about the A+ exams, you have to practically fail it to pass it. 500 something out of 900 is not that high. It is graded 100-900 because 100 points are awarded for putting your name in. icon_lol.gif
    don't fret about the A+ exams, you have to practically fail it to pass it. 500 something out of 900 is not that high. It is graded 100-900 because 100 points are awarded for putting your name in. icon_lol.gif
    this is unbelieveably amazing. mdrbig.gif
  • jlewis92683jlewis92683 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i've been told that the questions are worth the same amount of points regardless of multiple answer. the reason they do pas or fail instead of a percentage is that they mix in questions that they want to use on future tests and are not counted towards your score. So you could score a 690 and you got 90% right but because you had x amount of non scored questions it drops your total down.