Options

CCNA Security Bootcamp

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
So my Company is paying for a CCNA Security Bootcamp down in Tampa. Boson is the company who hosts it. Really looking forward to attending and will report back how it is. Right now I'm self Study for the CCNP Security SIMOS and really liking it. VTI/DMVPN and Flex VPN galore. Im looking to test out in Oct for the CCNA Security and take the SIMOS exam shortly after.
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    ImThe0neImThe0ne Member Posts: 143
    The CCNA Security is actually a really easy test, or at least it was for me. It was part of a multi-cert 7 day boot camp I did and we only spent 1 12hr day covering the information and studying and I passed it the next day. I wasn't able to retain as much information as I would have liked, so you should enjoy it since you'll have more time to cover the material.
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I pretty much mastered all the topics due to working with it everyday. Should be a fun a rewarding trip to FL in October. After doing VTI tunnels and now Flex VPN, setting up a Site to Site VPN with CCP is cake. I cringe at the thought of using CCP in production for all the "extras" it puts into the config. My VTI and VTI Templates are so much easier to manage and we don't use parser views. I mange priority levels of access through Cisco ACS Server. Easy is what I'm looking for. :D
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    ImThe0neImThe0ne Member Posts: 143
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    I pretty much mastered all the topics due to working with it everyday. Should be a fun a rewarding trip to FL in October. After doing VTI tunnels and now Flex VPN, setting up a Site to Site VPN with CCP is cake. I cringe at the thought of using CCP in production for all the "extras" it puts into the config. My VTI and VTI Templates are so much easier to manage and we don't use parser views. I mange priority levels of access through Cisco ACS Server. Easy is what I'm looking for. :D

Yep, you shouldn't have any issues. My test had quite a bit of encryption questions, some were theory based if I remember correctly. Had a few different questions on configuration, etc. Assuming they haven't changed it terribly since June 2013, it should be similar.

Like I said, having a week long class on it will really help you absorb it all, because in actuality it isn't that much information. I was in a class of 12 and I believe there was only 2-3 people that didn't pass it, but it was the same people that failed the CCENT, there was also some people that failed CCENT but passed CCNA:S.

Good luck, hope you enjoy it!