Hello and Thank you

DeyColeDeyCole Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

Thank you for the knowledge and information within these threads. As I increase my knowledge and understanding of networking, hopefully I can help others as well.

As with most of you, I'm currently studying for CCENT, with a goal of a career in networking as a Network Engineer.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks and create a first post. So carry-on :)

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • DeyColeDeyCole Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the welcome!

I've noticed the CCNA section usually has the most "viewers", and has more threads than any other section. I wonder if this is a microcosm of the Network Administrator position in general, i.e. becoming oversaturated.
  • JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Welcome to the forums!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DeyCole wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome!

I've noticed the CCNA section usually has the most "viewers", and has more threads than any other section. I wonder if this is a microcosm of the Network Administrator position in general, i.e. becoming oversaturated.

This could be due to a number of reasons. A lot of colleges now have CCNA in the curriculum so a lot of students are now taking it as a part of their degree. A lot of people stop at the CCNA level. Maybe it's because they want a "jack of all trades" role and pursue other certs, or get into a CCNA level job and never have the time to study past that. I'm not sure what the CCNP numbers are but Cisco estimates that less than 3% of all Cisco Certified Engineers get a CCIE #.

How all of this reflects the field is another matter and hard to predict without actual numbers in hand. In my area, I see tons of job listings asking for CCNA R&S.