Didn't pass today :(

J.CurrieJ.Currie Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I tried to pass SEC+ 401 today and scored 677 on it. I used sybex review book and cram master online. Also did a week long class given by my base. What am I missing?

Comments

• soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the Sec+ exam but from what I've read the general consensus on TE is that Darill Gibson's Security+ book is great. Get certified get ahead .com (no spaces) also has Sec+ questions which include simulations and audio which might help identify your weak areas.

Using multiple resources is a great idea and a free way to do that would be to use professor messer's free Sec+ videos also.

You were really close so I imagine shaking off the fail and getting back at it while everything is still fresh and you'll be posting a "Passed! Sec+" thread in no time.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did the printout give any good feedback on what areas you need to focus on?

What questions do you felt like you struggled with on the exam?
  • pankrezypankrezy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    try again bro ....
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Try again bro. Keep at it take lots of practice exams and study your week areas.

Studying: Security +
    Upcoming: VCA-DCV, A+,MCSA SERVER 2012, ITIL FOUNDATIONS
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • J.CurrieJ.Currie Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all. I purchased the Gibson book online today. Should be here by Monday.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I am sorry about that. I had failed as well and purchased Darill's book. Best thing I ever did. It helped with the questions I had missed.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • J.CurrieJ.Currie Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does that book break it down by domains?
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Utilize the feedback from the printout to brush up on the domains you were weak in and then try again :D You'll get it next time :D