Passed the new SSCP!

RollTideRollTide Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the SSCP last Saturday and got Psychometric Analysis telling me to wait 6 weeks. I just found out on the PearsonVue site that I passed. I was expecting the usual "Taken" status but to my surprise, it said "Pass"... I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming it.

Perhaps others who have been waiting may have their results also.. just check Pearsonvue.com/isc2

Eyeing the CISSP next...

Good luck to all!

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Gratz on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

What did you use to study? I'm planning my future goals and debating if it would be beneficial to take the SSCP before the CISSP as well...
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did you use to study the new material? Is Darril Gibson's book enough?
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • RollTideRollTide Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

Since there isn't much material out there (not even a new SSCP ISC2 CBK), I just read the SSCP AIO (Darril Gibson) from cover-to-cover. It took me about 3 weeks while taking meticulous notes (compiled down to about 60 pages of notes). Writing my own notes from books really help me to retain information. I also took the quizzes at each of every chapter and then the 2 practice exams that came with the book. The 2 practice exams were WAY EASIER than the actual exam. Other than that, I looked over updated domains on the ISC2 site and tried to google as much as I could that wasn't covered in the AIO book. My whole studying time was about 4 weeks.
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks and congratsicon_cheers.gif
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
    Gratz on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

What did you use to study? I'm planning my future goals and debating if it would be beneficial to take the SSCP before the CISSP as well...

This was my approach also. I took the SSCP as a primer for the CISSP. If you look at the CISSP domains, it pretty much mirrors a lot of the SSCP domains, albeit more detail. However, I'd say 70% is covered so it will make it that much easier to study for CISSP and build on what you learn from the SSCP.
  • Malak12Malak12 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    checked mine, and I passed

but i didn't receive any email! shall I tell my manager or wait for an email?
    Malak12 wrote: »
    checked mine, and I passed

but i didn't receive any email! shall I tell my manager or wait for an email?

I didn't get an email either. I'm sure the email is on its way. I'd wait until it was "official" before telling the manager. Congrats!
  • pcasesapcasesa Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Emails go out in the afternoon for SSCP. That is when the data gets loaded into the system automatically.

Congrats!
  • OmnomicusOmnomicus Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    I took mine last Saturday as well and got the psychometric analysis sheet too.

Thanks for the link! Gotta check mine now :)
    pcasesa wrote: »
    Emails go out in the afternoon for SSCP. That is when the data gets loaded into the system automatically.

Congrats!

Thanks pcasesa. I just got my email about an hour ago.
    Omnomicus wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!
    I took mine last Saturday as well and got the psychometric analysis sheet too.

On the link you provided, where was your passed status located? Mine just tells me that I haven't taken any exams :/

Thanks!

After logging onto PearsonVUE.com/ISC2, there is a "My Account" box to the right which has "Exam History" link. Clicking on that link shows my exam date and then the very last column is "Status" which now says "Pass"... The status was "Taken" previous to today.
  • jenrickjenrick Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My Exam History shows Passed this morning, and just received the email from ISC2 about an hour ago, so it's processing through.
    jenrick wrote: »
    My Exam History shows Passed this morning, and just received the email from ISC2 about an hour ago, so it's processing through.

Congrats!
    RollTide wrote: »
    After logging onto PearsonVUE.com/ISC2, there is a "My Account" box to the right which has "Exam History" link. Clicking on that link shows my exam date and then the very last column is "Status" which now says "Pass"... The status was "Taken" previous to today.

Thanks! I just found it. I passed as well!
  • infolookupinfolookup Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome congrats all. I am also studying for this and started looking over the new CISSP book since the SSCP office guide has not be released as yet. I have also been using the ITPro TV SSCP study video series. If you found anything else helpful in passing please do share, the classes are a bit too pricey for me at the moment so taking the self study route.

Congrats again.
  • Malak12Malak12 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats all!

just received my email. is there anyway to find out my score? out of 70%
    infolookup wrote: »
    Awesome congrats all. I am also studying for this and started looking over the new CISSP book since the SSCP office guide has not be released as yet. I have also been using the ITPro TV SSCP study video series. If you found anything else helpful in passing please do share, the classes are a bit too pricey for me at the moment so taking the self study route.

Congrats again.

Thanks!

I used a lot of different study materials over the course of 5 months preparing for this test.

1. Darril Gibsons SSCP Gold Book
    2. Shon Harris CISSP All In One Book
    3. Pluralsight
    4. NIST and FIPS puclications (NIST Computer Security Publications - FIPS (Federal Infromation Processing Standards))

Just make sure you really know the material in the 7 domains and you should be fine!
    Omnomicus wrote: »
    Thanks!

I used a lot of different study materials over the course of 5 months preparing for this test.

1. Darril Gibsons SSCP Gold Book
    2. Shon Harris CISSP All In One Book
    3. Pluralsight
    4. NIST and FIPS puclications (NIST Computer Security Publications - FIPS (Federal Infromation Processing Standards))

Just make sure you really know the material in the 7 domains and you should be fine!

Wow Omnomicus, you must have rocked that test! Too bad they don't give a score. If you went through all those materials and spent 5 months preparing, no doubt you were ready for it.

I just read the Darril Gibson SSCP book and began Pluralsight but didn't really get past a few videos. Overall, I just spent about 3 weeks prepping for the test.

Is it your intention to for the CISSP soon? If I were you, I'd hit the ground running and go for the CISSP before you start to lose any information you have retained from all those materials.. especially if you used the Shon Harris CISSP AIO to prep for SSCP.
    RollTide wrote: »
    Wow Omnomicus, you must have rocked that test! Too bad they don't give a score. If you went through all those materials and spent 5 months preparing, no doubt you were ready for it.

I just read the Darril Gibson SSCP book and began Pluralsight but didn't really get past a few videos. Overall, I just spent about 3 weeks prepping for the test.

Is it your intention to for the CISSP soon? If I were you, I'd hit the ground running and go for the CISSP before you start to lose any information you have retained from all those materials.. especially if you used the Shon Harris CISSP AIO to prep for SSCP.

I do plan on taking the CISSP within the next 6 months or so. My plan is to finish the CISSP book and maybe attend a bootcamp just to be sure I haven't missed any important information.

3 weeks is impressive! Good job! I wish I could have done that lol. What materials are you going to use to prepare for the CISSP?
    For me, 6 months is way too long. I am giving myself about 2-3 months to study because I've already covered a lot of the material preparing for the SSCP.

Based on what I've read on here.. I will probably use the following to prepare:

1. Shon Harris AIO (this will probably be my biggest source of study material)
    I think I can read the AIO book in about a month and half... I usually go real slow when reading because I'm taking detailed notes. This way I won't have to pick up the AIO book again.. I just have to review my own notes which is will be a condensed version of the book.

2. CCCure & Transcender practice questions (to build up stamina to go for 6 hours)
    Spend about a month or so practicing the questions and building up stamina.

3. Cybrary.it CISSP videos (free and heard good things about them)
    Probably watch these videos in parallel to reading the AIO to review what I just read..

4. Sunflower CISSP Summary (read that it is a good for review)
    Good to review when I'm out and about... hopefully just by starring at it enough, I'll start to retain key points

5. Eric Conrad 11th hour (for the final stretch of few weeks before exam as a refresher)
    I'll read this cover-to-cover to "recall" topics that I forgot

6. I'm debating whether on getting the ISC2 CBK book as I hear it sucks as is waste of time (I probably won't get it)

7. Finally, I'll go over my own notes that I took while reading the AIO book.

I'm thinking 3 months would be plenty to do all of this if I stay committed and spend a few hours every day as well about 8 hours over the weekend.

It would be great to hear other game plans for others who are prepping for their CISSP.