If you get notified for passing CISSP, announce

SansSans Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

u can know that I've logged in to my VUE account 1000s of times already. This is tourcher. I wish I didnt know that grades will be released on Friday. This is like highschool lol

anyway, if you pass or get notified, plz create a new thread to announce that the results have been released.

*Sigh*

Comments

• renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to ask, those who pass will blow up the internet like Kim Kardashian wishes she could. icon_smile.gif
  • SansSans Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sans wrote: »
    Hello,

u can know that I've logged in to my VUE account 1000s of times already. This is tourcher. I wish I didnt know that grades will be released on Friday. This is like highschool lol

anyway, if you pass or get notified, plz create a new thread to announce that the results have been released.

*Sigh*

I cant believe that I'm still checking this page. Come'on! I've things to do icon_sad.gif
    New email says nothing today but resulta will be posted on June 8th!!! The bottom of the email says this is to protect the integrity of the exam! How so? icon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • reaganhalfreaganhalf Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read that further updates would be provided on June 8th. I did not read that results would necessarily be available on June 8th.
  • CorrantCorrant Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's how I read it as well. This is complete bullshit. If I had the money I would just retake it this weekend and get a score faster. I took my exam April 29th. It's absolutely ridiculous that haven't received notification of a simple pass or fail. Not to mention that it'll take another 6-8 weeks to be endorsed if I did pass.

Wow.
  • ddeboerddeboer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now that's a disappointment icon_sad.gif
    ISC2 *should have had* SLA in place requiring Pearson Vue to deliver on time. And they need to hold their feet to the damned fire.

I'm pissed.
  • reaganhalfreaganhalf Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They need to make it up to us. It's not fair that those of us who dared to take the exam during the early weeks of the new format have to continue to wait in limbo while others who took the exam after us are able to proceed with endorsement and certification if they passed and scheduling a retest if they failed. It's because of us that those taking the exam now are able to get instant results. For those of us who pass, they better agree to expedite/fast track our endorsement and certification process and move us to the head of the line once our results are finally in.
  • brenbrenOKbrenbrenOK Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    reaganhalf wrote: »
    They need to make it up to us. It's not fair that those of us who dared to take the exam during the early weeks of the new format have to continue to wait in limbo while others who took the exam after us are able to proceed with endorsement and certification if they passed and scheduling a retest if they failed. It's because of us that those taking the exam now are able to get instant results. For those of us who pass, they better agree to expedite/fast track our endorsement and certification process and move us to the head of the line once our results are finally in.

You are right. I can't help but think we were a science experiment for them taking that test right after it came out. So I failed with a 696 on the first test, the 2nd one I'm waiting on was completely different than the first, and I wonder if they are going to go back to the format that was like the first test I took. I'm going insane.
  • bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    After seeing all these responses and I thank the Maker that I completed the exam in early March. Cant imagine what you guys are going through...
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brenbrenOK wrote: »
    You are right. I can't help but think we were a science experiment for them taking that test right after it came out. So I failed with a 696 on the first test, the 2nd one I'm waiting on was completely different than the first, and I wonder if they are going to go back to the format that was like the first test I took. I'm going insane.

They're not going back to the 10 domain format that you took previously. But you guys being a science experiment is entirely possible.

The new 8 domain format is still the version that ISC2 is allowing people to take for those who take it now will receive their results immediately...it's just those that took it between like April 15-May 22nd that are painfully stuck waiting in limbo.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • gutbrodjgutbrodj Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    renacido wrote: »
    ISC2 *should have had* SLA in place requiring Pearson Vue to deliver on time. And they need to hold their feet to the damned fire.

I'm pissed.

What good is an SLA when you are such a small part of the Pearson Vue ecosystem, ISC2 is likely not even 1/1000th of the income PV takes in on performing testing. It's like calling Time Warner Cable and complaining that your 50Mbps internet is only going at 700Kbps because they're over provisioned in your neighborhood, does it violate their SLA with you? Yes. Are they going to do anything about it? No, because you have to document how long the service was affected for them, which means constantly using all of your bandwidth, and then they will disconnect you for abuse. Its a no win scenario. ISC needs PV, PV doesn't care about the issue, ISC can't terminate PV without seriously damaging themselves.
    They're not going back to the 10 domain format that you took previously. But you guys being a science experiment is entirely possible.

The new 8 domain format is still the version that ISC2 is allowing people to take for those who take it now will receive their results immediately...it's just those that took it between like April 15-May 22nd that are painfully stuck waiting in limbo.

Yea I meant that I took the test on April 1st and all the regular stuff you would think was in there, the one I took in May focused on SDLC, some BCP/DRP and maybe one or two architecture questions. It's like they were testing out which questions would be folded into the new test after this brief time of doing psychometrics. It was shocking to see how different the test was. So I'm thinking they take the newer questions from this in-between time and add them back into the questions that have networking, encryption, etc.
  • gutbrodjgutbrodj Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually, I would bet there are a few thousand questions, which are shuffled like cards for each individual test taker. I am sure there are minimums, like 15 questions from each domain, but the other 130 questions can be from any of the domains maybe with a maximum of 40. So each time you take the test it is possible that a large number will seem to be focused on only two or thee domains. I would say you could probably take the test 5 times without seeing a repeated question.
    gutbrodj wrote: »
    Actually, I would bet there are a few thousand questions, which are shuffled like cards for each individual test taker. I am sure there are minimums, like 15 questions from each domain, but the other 130 questions can be from any of the domains maybe with a maximum of 40. So each time you take the test it is possible that a large number will seem to be focused on only two or thee domains. I would say you could probably take the test 5 times without seeing a repeated question.

I know what you are saying, but that wasn't my experience. There were no minimums. I can count on one hand the amount of question I had that related to some of the domains. I think they were experimenting and we just happen to get caught. Not sure if I failed or not because the first time I did best on SDLC stuff, so maybe I passed and this is my punishment for making fun of my upper management. LOL. It was just so different than the first time I took it.
  • SimoneSmithSimoneSmith Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just refreshed my profile page Pearson website and status has been updated from Taken to Passed!
    PV updated for me too.

Failed...Looks like i'm back at iticon_study.gif
    Mine still shows Taken.
  • johnpoonjohnpoon Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine still shows Taken.

Same thing here.
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know it's frustrating, Currant. Stay at it. I'm sure you were close.
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Simone,

Good luck to the rest of you. BY the way, I am refreshing this page all day, hoping for the best for all of you who took this test from 15 April - 21 May.

-Kalkan999
  • johnpoonjohnpoon Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To the guys who have some results up: What date did you write the exam?
    April 29th for me.

Kalkan, I plan to keep at it. I'm actually looking up dates for early July. I don't think I was that far off, but I can't be sure.
    I wonder if I should wait to hear word back from (ISC)2 prior to rescheduling just to confirm they're accurate.
  • SimoneSmithSimoneSmith Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam on the 11th May.
  • ddeboerddeboer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine also stills shows 'Taken'. I did my exam the 19th of May...
    Yup, mine is the same too since beginning of May :)

it doesnt even change when you login from different computers lol

*stress*
    Pass

To those still waiting or who are preparing for another attempt, hang in there. Hopefully ISC2 will provide some relief with exam vouchers and expedited endorsement.
  • tlbowentlbowen Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took mine on 18 May and my results updated to Pass as of about 10 minutes ago.
  • loewiloewi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just received my result... PASSED :D
    Took the exam on the 10th of May
    Pass

To those still waiting or who are preparing for another attempt, hang in there. Hopefully ISC2 will provide some relief with exam vouchers and expedited endorsement.

I'm going to start my process of studying all over again, but I wonder what the potential for ISC2 to actually provide a discount and/or voucher.
    I wonder if they'll simply try to sweep this under the rug and say "here's your results, a couple weeks late, but they're confirmed", and leave it at that.

Only reason I ask is because I'm in the process of booking another test date, and if I don't have to spend the full $599, I'd be happy not to:)