CCENT..How long did you study for it?

cowillcowill Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been flirting with the idea of getting my CCENT......I manage the switches at my job and touch the routers every so often....I have my net+.......I've yet to pick up and book or even really dive into CCENT....but just to get an idea of what I'm up against, how long did it take some of you guys to get your CCENT?

Comments

• koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took me 2 months. I used:

Odom's OCG
    Lammle
    CCNA Sim
    Boson
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took me about 10 weeks. I went through Odom's book twice. CBT nuggets twice, and Chris Bryant once.

Used mostly Packet Tracer for labs. DansCourses on Youtube was helpful as well as Cisco Documentation.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I spent a year on it follow a school schedule of 4 classes for both ICND 1 and 2.
    It really depends on your desire and reading speed. What I have seen in the last two years on this forum is that most people take about 6 months but people that have a goal in mind do it much quicker.

Good Luck!
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    I revised casually for about 4 months......Then my test centers nearest exam date was a month and half later icon_sad.gif
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    2 months with Odom's OCG and CBT Nuggets.
  • HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    cowill wrote: »
    I've been flirting with the idea of getting my CCENT......I manage the switches at my job and touch the routers every so often....I have my net+.......I've yet to pick up and book or even really dive into CCENT....but just to get an idea of what I'm up against, how long did it take some of you guys to get your CCENT?

From what you explained about yourself and what you do at work, I wouldn't be concerned with how long. I think you're simply going to have fun learning more of what you can do besides the work you already do.

From the many horror stories of how hard it can be to learn and how many people fail the test.

Learning Cisco and getting the certs can be fun and rewarding, and I have a feeling you will be the one having fun with it.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took me roughly 8 weeks (2 months) of consistent studying. The biggest thing for the CCENT is the ability to subnet.
  • particle1particle1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    About 8-10 weeks and during that time I moved. It was pretty stressful lol

Boson Netsim is incredible - arguably the most useful tool for me and currently still is while studying for my CCNA

Hardest thing for me to grasp for the CCENT was IPv6, however the CBT Nuggets course on IPv6 is pretty awesome..