Options

Please explain 70-270 question

raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
1. You are the administrator at a small network environment with 8 Windows XP clients in a workgroup. You want to create a shared folder located on a FAT32 volume on one of the clients and use share permissions to protect it. When you open the Properties sheet of the folder you are about to share, you notice you are able to share the folder but there is not an option to assign share permissions to individual groups and users. What should you do?

a. After sharing the folder, switch to the Security tab and set appropriate permissions.
b. Disable the Use simple file sharing option in Folder Options.
c. Protect the Shared Folder with a password and give this password only to the users that need access.
d. Convert the FAT32 volume to NTFS.

Shouldn't the answer be D? I just reviewed my book, only NTFS file systems allow for NTFS security and print permissions (exluding Win XP home).

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I just reviewed my book, only NTFS file systems allow for NTFS security and print permissions
    The question clearly states "You want to create a shared folder located on a FAT32 volume on one of the clients and use share permissions to protect it."

Read these for more info:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/xp/administration.shtml

Also notice I changed the subject of your topic. I don't mind if someone doubts our questions, but please ask for clarification/explanation before claiming we have a wrong answer on our exams, cause it makes us look bad for new visitors. Surely we, just like other human beings, make mistakes (quite frankly less than most of the commercial practice test providers), but the 70-270 exam has been used by many thousands of people already, so you can trust that the answers are correct. Also try a search in forums first, because many of the tricky questions have already been explained.

And last but not least: read very carefully when taking a Microsoft exam, just a couple of words can make a big difference.
  • Options
    raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will make sure to ask for explainations next ime.

After reviewing my book, it looks like I got NTFS permissions and Shared folder permissions mixed up.

Thanks for your help Johan.
  • Options
    amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    How accurate are your questions compared to the real ones? I take it theres much more waffle in the real ones? Is this about the same experience level ie how hard the questions might be?

Just curious from those that have taken it.
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • Options
    raptur2000raptur2000 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It says "share permissions" so NTFS is not required. The answer is B turn simple file sharing off. (I did this the other day eventhough it wasn't FAT32.)
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    raptur2000 wrote:
    It says "share permissions" so NTFS is not required. The answer is B turn simple file sharing off. (I did this the other day eventhough it wasn't FAT32.)
    Yes, exactly. That's the reason I wrote "share permissions" in the question.
    How accurate are your questions compared to the real ones? I take it theres much more waffle in the real ones? Is this about the same experience level ie how hard the questions might be?
    Yes, many of the real exam's questions contain more fluff, but our questions cover the same topics, based on the exam objectives. It's a relative small set of questions, but if you score well on our practice exam, you'll likely do good on the real exam as well. The main purpose of the practice exam is to point out your weak areas. Some questions are harder, most are a tad easier. The real questions can be a bit more complex but do require a similar level of detailed knowledge.