CCNA Passed!

MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have put a lot of hours in studying between my last attempt of ICND2 and now. I had originally planned to put a whole month before my retake but I ended up having an unexpected day off and decided to go for my exam again. All the studying between the attempts really paid off. There is nothing like that feeling of seeing the pass and sitting back in the chair knowing that all the hours you have put in have paid off. I intend to roll right into the CCNP now that I feel like I have a better understanding of the CCNA material. I only had about 15-20 minutes to spare last time but this time I finished the exam in around 45 minutes. I felt much more confident in my answers this time. A big thanks to everyone here for the encouragement after my fail on my last attempt. You guys are awesome! For anyone else gearing up for the exam I implore you use as many different resources as you can. I really feel that adding the books to my study material for the 2nd exam really benefited me.

Study material:
CBT Nuggets
Chris Bryant CCNA Bootcamp
Live lab
Packet tracer
GNS3
Odoms book (added after 1st attempt)
Todd Lammles book (added after 1st attempt)

Score results:
Score: 947
LAN Switching Technologies: 100%
IP Routing Technologies: 93%
IP Services: 100%
Troubleshooting: 88%
WAN Technologies: 88%

Previous attempt:
Score:762
LAN Switching Technology: 64%
IP Routing Technologies: 43%
IP Services: 100%
Troubleshooting: 82%
WAN Technologies: 63%

Comments

• quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Awesome man, congrats! Was looking forward for you to make a "passed" topic. Looks like we'll both be hitting the CCNP studies!
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! It's a great feeling.
  • Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    Congrats!
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats good luck on CCNP studies!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats! You've definitely validated your efforts to go back and hit your weak areas hard. Huge increases in scores in the areas you didn't do well in last time.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework