Options

need help on some topics to study for os exam

lizaliaslizalias Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
what do people mean by study about memory management.

plus what areas or kinda questions should i be expecting in the exam.

especially what kind of networking stuff should i be learning?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    what do people mean by study about memory management.

especially what kind of networking stuff should i be learning?
    icon_arrow.gifwww.comptia.org/certification/A/objectives.asp

plus what areas or kinda questions should i be expecting in the exam
    icon_arrow.gifwww.comptia.org/certification/a/samplequestions.aspx
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    Make sure understand virtual memory, Vcache, page files, swap files, smartdrive, etc
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • Options
    igor_yuriigor_yuri Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey dude! I took my exam yesterday for O/S and I passed!! Basically I have a question like these:

1. What is WINMSD command when you type in Run box. I didn't know this one but after the exam I checked it and its System Information same as MSINFO32 command.

2. Of course some oldies DOS commands. XCOPY command appeared on my exam. The question goes like this. What is the command that XCOPY will copy all the files including empty subfolders. I checked it and it was XCOPY *.* <drive:> /S /E. Please double check for yourself.

3. A command that will edit Config.sys file which is Sysedit command.

4. Something about Incremental backup.

5. More on troubleshooting!!

Lastly, practice..practice the practice exams here man..it really helps a lot!!

g'luck!
  • Options
    Mario18ManMario18Man Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LOL dude...

i just passed it less than a week ago....and yeah, you DEFINITLY want to know about Win2k and NT because...i hardly got any on 98 or XP.

Im in a class for certifications my school pays for, and everyone whos passes OS has had a majority of Win2k and NT questions, so I would suggest studying them.

Best of luck to you!

-nate :D
  • Options
    avxavx Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mario18Man wrote:
    LOL dude...

i just passed it less than a week ago....and yeah, you DEFINITLY want to know about Win2k and NT because...i hardly got any on 98 or XP.

Im in a class for certifications my school pays for, and everyone whos passes OS has had a majority of Win2k and NT questions, so I would suggest studying them.

Best of luck to you!

-nate :D

yeah, I think most of my questions were on Win2k/WinNT, but alot of those could of been applied to WindowsXP also.

Make sure you got your FILE SYSTEMS down , the limitations and advantages of each, the loading order for WIN9x and the NT family. the virus types( i got about 3 questions on that )

study safe mode and when to use it and what keys to boot into it. basically just study until you are getting at 90% on your practice exams and take as many as you can, cause what happens is people take the same one OVER and OVER, and instead of learning the material, they memorize the questions and this gives them false hopes.