Options

Exam Cram vs. Mike Meyer's for Net+

TreyClem18TreyClem18 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was looking to purchase my study materials for the Net+ and was wondering y'alls opinion on the Exam Cram as well as the Mike Meyer's book. I did exam cram for the A+ and passed, but wasn't sure if it would be wise for this specific cert. All thoughts welcome. Thanks.
2015 certification goals: A+ (completed 6/2015); Network+ and CCENT

Comments

• Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TreyClem18,

I am currently using both the ExamCram and Mike Meyer's books to study for the Network+ exam I am going to take sometime next month. I mainly use the ExamCram to study from. I use the Mike Meyer's book as a reference guide to get more information that the ExamCram does not cover. I would highly recommend using both books along with other additional material you could find. Furthermore, take lots of practice tests which will help maintain the information you are studying (ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams). Watch the professor messer videos as well along with taking notes. I found both books to be very helpful in studying. I did use both books when I studied for the A+ exams and passed with high scores (801: 877 score and 802: 863 score). Hope my advice helps. Good luck. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR