Options

Certifications to work in Europe [+help]

andrecvntandrecvnt Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, whatsup! I'm new to the forum, I was always seeing the posts but I have never registered until now!
I want you guys to give me an advice..

My background
5 years of experience working with Security in as a Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Brazil.
Certifications: CEHv8
My projects are more related to Penetration Testing and Security analysis.

My goal: work in Europe.

What do you guys think I need to study or which certifications should I seek to complete this goal? Which security certifications are well known in Europe?
I have paid for the ECPPT, I'm studying for it at the moment, but I'm not sure if this will be enough for being accepted in job interviews abroad. I want to complete this goal in the end of July 2016, so I have 1 year to prepare myself.

Which advise you guys would give me to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    1. Pick a country
    2. Look for jobs in that country
    3. Look at the certifications those positions require

I'm an American trying to get to Holland and the companies that have seen my resume were impressed with my job experience more than my certs. I'm sure they see the certs, but I've yet to have anyone comment on them or ask which certs I plan to work on. They only talk to me about my current skills and skills I should focus on in the future.

Wishing you the best of luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Obtaining a work permit in Europe is your biggest challenge. Employers can only sponsor you if - and only if - there is no local candidate within the entire EUROPEAN UNION that can do the job.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually, in most european countries they will ask you what do you know to do. From my 13 years IT in Europe certs are useful only to get you past HR. I can swear that most HR people look at certs as the holy grail. Any cert will get you interviews but the technical interview will get you the job. ECCPT is a pretty good cert, material is very good and the exam has some nice twists.