Certification renewal question

mgates67mgates67 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all, this is probably a stupid question but I'm curious. I currently have my CCENT and it expires later this year. If I were to retake the exam now and fail it, will it invalidate what I currently have, or will that remain active through its current expiration date. Thanks!

Comments

• PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Failing an exam will not effect your current certifications, it will remain active through its current expiration.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
    Sorry to hijack but I think my question is relevant.
    Supposed my CCNA expires in Sepember, I take any CCNP paper and fail.
    Will it be extended for another 3 years?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco certifications generally expire every 3 years but it depends on the specific certification track and you need to pass an exam to renew your certification if it's about to expire/renew it:

Certifications - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

This link should answer all your questions depending on the Cisco certification and the track path your interested in or are currently pursuing (CCNA, CCNP,etc..) icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dppagc wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but I think my question is relevant.
    Supposed my CCNA expires in Sepember, I take any CCNP paper and fail.
    Will it be extended for another 3 years?
    No, failing an exam does not recertify you...
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA