Options

Help!!

pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have just left college and i am working for a software development company doing systems support.
I am seriously thinking about doing some extra work on the side like networking and other IT oriented stuff so i was wondering which certification should I go after first or it doesn't matter.

I was thinking that I would do the A+, Network+, MCSA,MCSE, Security+ and CISCO in that order.

Could someone please advise me on a course of action.
God deserves my best

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I don't know if this will be much help but I am taking a slightly different route.

I have my A+ and just got my Network+ today, my next goal is to go for my Security+ then CCNA.

I guess I'm doing this because I just studied the Network+ and I think the Security+ stays fairly close to the networking end of things and then of course the CCNA is on the networking end of things so all the networking stuff should remailn fairly fresh....

Also, I know the security+ can count as an elective for the MCSE or the MCSA:Security. So I am going for the security+ first to use as an elective for the Microsoft certs.

I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do this, although getting the "easier" stuff out of the way first I think is good because its gets you into study/test mode and establishes a baseline of where you are at.