Options

passed the OS part and I am now A+ certified.:)

avxavx Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
scored a 702(OS) and 730(Hardware)...I am so glad to get this out the way, up next is the CCIE, I can't wait.

Yeah right, I'm starting on the N+ now.hah

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.............
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    By both scores being close I can tell you are consistent.

Good Job
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • Options
    Mario18ManMario18Man Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice!

I passed hardware with a low 580 something, and OS with a 557. icon_mad.gif

How long did you study before taking the exams? Meaning, from the first time you picked up a book on one of them to the time you took it.

-Nate
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Mario18Man wrote:
    Very nice!

I passed hardware with a low 580 something, and OS with a 557. icon_mad.gif

How long did you study before taking the exams? Meaning, from the first time you picked up a book on one of them to the time you took it.

-Nate

Well, I had a class that was geared towards it( it helped but not a whole lot )
    about 5 months tho, I'd say the first 4 months were geared towards the hardware part( which is where I lacked the most knowledge ),

even though the OS part was alittle more troublesome then the hardware part, I didn't need to study as long. esp coming from an Linux and oracle background.

and at least you passed, I know people that are taking the HW part for the 3rd time.
  • Options
    leighleigh Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    avx wrote:
    up next is the CCIE, I can't wait.

To CCIE, the most respected and highest certification in network field. Are u taking some courses or getting relative work experience? what's your plan?
  • Options
    Whiteice27Whiteice27 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A+ to CCIE? wow thats a astronomical jump... kinda like "impossible" lol considering you need pre-requisites first... but hey if your going after it then it makes two of us ^_^ im hoping to have my CCIE at 27
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691

Correct....the only thing you need to pass to take the lab is the written exam......

avx ......

First.. Congrats on getting your A+.

Second... On the CCIE it is doable, but it is going to be very painful. But, I say that not knowing your background with Cisco. Even engineers with a lot of experience have problems with the lab. I have quite a bit of experience and I have failed the lab once. But, like I said....it has / can be done.

Here are a few things I would suggest if you are really serious about the CCIE. First, study / practice and pass your CCNA. Second, decide which CCIE track you want to do. There are currently 5 tracks. Then depending on what track you pick....do the associated Professional track. (NP,SP,VP). This will make life much easier for you. Even if you do this, be ready to do a lot of hard studying to pass the written and lab. And you will be giving up most of your free time.

Whatever you decide to do...good luck.

Congrats again on the A+.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    avx wrote:
    scored a 702(OS) and 730(Hardware)...I am so glad to get this out the way, up next is the CCIE, I can't wait.

Yeah right, I'm starting on the N+ now.hah

Hey guys, I think avx was joking about CCIE next. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    :) hey i didn't even see anything bout the N+ icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Yeah, I was almost fooled until I read the last line.

BTW congrats!
  • Options
    Heh, i'm sorry guys. But I was seriously Joking. Even tho I've been using computers for EVER, I know I"m no where near a CCIE LEVEL, I don't even have my CCNA yet. but Yeah I know all about CCIE and the passing rate.
  • Options
    Whiteice27Whiteice27 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i meant pre-requisites as in knowledge lol, its always helps to have your CCNP when trying for ya CCIE LAB. im sure it can be done with out a CCNA even, but that would be amazing ^_^
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?