Options

WGU for Foreign students ?

akapowaakapowa Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I wonder if WGU also offers these programs to Foreign Students ?

As a belgian, I find this very attractive, but I saw somewhere that these programs are only availabe for U.S. citizens, is that true ?

Isn't there any way to take advantage of this opportunity ?

Thank you !

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Unfortunately I don't believe they are offering their degree programs to international students, and that's probably unlikely to change. icon_sad.gif
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Per WGU's site:
    At the present time, WGU is only accepting applications from individuals living in the U.S., Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, as well as from U.S. military personnel and their families at overseas installations. WGU is also now accepting applications from Canadian residents in certain select geographic areas. (An Enrollment Counselor has more information about which areas are eligible to submit applications.)

Unfortunately, we have discovered that we cannot always guarantee that the educational experience for students living outside the United States will meet our high standards for quality and convenience. It is our expectation that these issues will be resolved in future years. We wish you well in your educational pursuits and regret that we cannot help you at this time.
  • Options
    Ajay_patil22Ajay_patil22 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does not matter if you are a foreigner. As long as you live in the US, you should be able to enroll. Of-course you will need a Temporary resident VISA like H1, L1 etc. I am from India on a L1 Visa , living in the US. I am currently trying to secure an admission to BS-IT.

Other thing to be aware is that you will have to go through Education Evaluation services like WES, NACES etc to get your transcripts evaluated. Even if you have a bachelor's in your native country, you might end up not being able to transfer any credits. Work experience does not count. If you have IT certifications in the last 5 years, those might help.