Options

SAP Consultant? What do you do?

yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well... I applied few weeks ago for this position I'm really not interested in, but as I'm unemployed it's better than nothing, and it turned out that although I haven't touched SAP in my life they seem to be interested, because I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow.

Now I'm wondering.. What do you really do in this position? Because I have no idea and would like to have some idea before heading to the interview.

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This sounds like it might be a waste of your time.

I have never heard of someone hiring an SAP consultant with no experience. Sounds like a typical recruiter move.

Either way good luck on the interview.
  • Options
    Nah, it's not a recruiter. It's the largest hospital of my island. I guess they will provide some sort of training, otherwise that doesn't make sense.

As a career move, definitely it's a waste of time. But from the point of view of life quality, it would allow me to keep living here instead of moving to UK or Spain mainland.
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If it's a good sized team, you can definitely bring someone in and train from 0. Would you be Basis? Security? GRC?

If it isn't implemented and managed properly (i.e. they have multiple modules/components installed and want you do everything), I'd stay away...
  • Options
    The description only said: We need a SAP Consultant with experience in the following modules: R/3, MM, SD, EHS, BI, FI.

Let's see in a couple of hours what they want xD

edit: well... they didn't tell what I will do. That's in the next interview if I pass this first one. They told me that they are also looking for people without experience because it's almost impossible to find someone with experience in SAP and unemployed.
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    yzT wrote: »
    The description only said: We need a SAP Consultant with experience in the following modules: R/3, MM, SD, EHS, BI, FI.

Let's see in a couple of hours what they want xD

edit: well... they didn't tell what I will do. That's in the next interview if I pass this first one. They told me that they are also looking for people without experience because it's almost impossible to find someone with experience in SAP and unemployed.

Are you talking about SAP (Special Access Programs)>?
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    Are you talking about SAP (Special Access Programs)>?

Nope, SAP the ERP solution.

OP if you have any questions after you hear more about the position feel free to PM me. I worked as a SAP Security consultant for a large consulting firm, starting with 0 experience.
  • Options
    RoyalRavenRoyalRaven Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Satan's Accounting Program? That's what my friends who use it say to me.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    System, Applications and Products. (SAP)