Help setting up Cisco Lab

lizard1234lizard1234 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased Cisco equipment to set up a small CCNA / CCNP / CCNA Security lab. I have 2 1841 routers, a 3560 Switch, and a 2960 Switch. I plan on tackling the CCNA Security exam after the CCNA exam. My question is how would I separate my lab network from my home network. My home network consists of a Comcast Modem connected to a Netgear wireless router. I would like to keep using the wireless router because I have several devices connected to it. I am new to the Cisco world and any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks
Brad

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    easiest way is just to not plug your cisco equipment into your network and work on them separately. Don't need a network connection to have them communicate with eachother.
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Start thinking out of the box, your Cisco lab has no requirement to be plugged into your home network, you can do every single thing you need to to pass without an internet connection. Internet connectivity has nothing to do with learning networking.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.