Options

I think I majorly screwed up!

RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
I hope you guys can give me some advice to ease my nerves!

I received a contracted position offer the other day through a staffing company, and I had to do a background check.

On the online BG form, it is pre-populated with the info from my application with the staffing co. I missed a part in the education field. In my app, it shows that I attended college, but did NOT graduate, but in the BG form, for some reason, it shows that I DID graduate. I just happened to go back to the BG form later just to look at it, and that's when I noticed it. I completely missed that part, and It's already submitted.

Will I have ANY chance to explain my oversight when the discrepancy comes up? On my resume and app with the staffing company, it shows that I didn't graduate. Will that save me?

I can't help but think I completely blew it, and this will be a bitter pill to swallow if I don't get the job because of this!

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would just let the staffing company know. I doubt it is a big deal. If it is, they should be able to fix it. Wouldn't worry about it
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If they sent the form back with the info pre-populated, it was an error on their part. It's not something you deliberately did to deceive them, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I would just tell them you noticed this and they should correct it. I wouldn't worry to much.
  • Options
    Whew! Thanks, guys. I feel a lot better now. I just sent them an email explaining what happened. I will call on Monday to follow up.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    alochaloch Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The company doing the background check will almost always contact the person being investigated to verify any problems.
  • Options
    aloch wrote: »
    The company doing the background check will almost always contact the person being investigated to verify any problems.

OK. That'll be good too if they do contact me. At least I'll be able to explain everything to them directly.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    aloch wrote: »

this has been my experience
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    this has been my experience

This happened to me today. I got an email saying that they needed to clarify the dates of my education. I got both my Bachelors and Masters from WGU, so maybe they got confused, or maybe I fat fingered the original input.

Regardless, I got an email with a link which had a space for me to write out my information, and a link to upload a document.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark