Options

failed IINS

EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
Score: 794

wasn't surprised by the score as halfway through the exama good portion of the materials were french to me. In other cases, the questions were too vague, I studied rigorously for the past three month and have accumulated close to a 100 notes, I was allowed from work to set up a home lab which consists of 2 ASA 5505s 1 Catalyst 3560 and 1 Cisco 2800 Router. I also watched Chris Bryants 640-554 bootcamp and followed the labs with him in CCP. To be honest, the OCG does a poor job of covering the materials in general when I sat for the 200-101 I barely passed due to the same reason.
Oh well.

Do you guys let your employer know when you failed an exam? I will be reimbursed but I feel a bit.....embarrassed.
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius

Comments

• Options
    HawaiiwaterboyHawaiiwaterboy Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Edificer,

There are many new questions as of June 1 2015, I have opened a case with CISCO about this new test revision. In one question, Cisco Security Manager and the sub topic of FlexConfig was mentioned, and actually the answer. The CSM GUI is barely mentioned int he CISCO official cert guide that I used to study. FlexConfig is not mentioned in the guide at all, not once. I asked for an exam voucher to reimburse the 250.00 US it cost to take a test the company's official test certification guide does not prepare you for.

I intend to take the test again in July but I want it paid for. It is not fair to add questioned that are not covered at all in the Official Certification guide.

CSM is only mentioned in name on pages 43 and 231. No details and not one mention of FlexConfig.
    I will keep the forum updated on the case.
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I did sweep my way out of the CCP labs quite fast as I had tons of hand-on experience with that. Although there were tons of questions that messed me up because it was not mentioned on the OCG. I literally, hand wrote down every topic flagged as 'Key Topic', revised my notes at least 20 times over :/

I could mention a lot more of questions/topics that were on my exam but not covered in the OCG.

So, are you going to wait for a new published OCG? and RE-STUDY? lol. You are spreading the fear.

Edit: I do feel like I have won half of the battle as you mentioned in another thread, as I gained quite a lot of useful knowledge from my study period, so that helps me to feel better about myself. :) BTW, CCNP Security SENSS Hardcover will be released on the 9th of August, so hope to get this done by then. Please let me know your plan of attack!

UPDATE:
    I can finally write off the 640-554.
    Passed on 22 July, with 921.

Now I can finally move on to the 300-206/7/8/9
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    Edificer, Definitely stay strong and retake when you feel ready on the ASA firewall and Cisco Security Manager topics. I am studying CCNP materials to get familiar with what I need to pass. I am retaking in July and even with the new material I refuse to give up! I have a Cisco 877w router I bought to practice and may buy a used ASA 5505 from ebay to configure as well. In the end, they will only help with further studies or even to use in the home.
  • Options
    Passed today! 949/1000
    Studied additional material as suggested in the cert guide. Tough test, worth getting. It's the fastest moving field in IT right now! On to CEH