Options

A+ OS tech exam, failed!!!!

hamm3rhamm3r Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
GAHHH!! OK, about 5 months ago i took the A+ Hardware 2003 Obj test and passed with like 675 or something close to that, today i just took the A+ OS Technologies 2003 Obj test and failed! I got 461 out of 505 to pass, and I am quite pissed. However, some advice to those who haven't taken it yet, i would say 80% of the questions on the exam are Windows 2000/NT related. I may have had 2 questions over Windows XP, and liek 3 for Windows 98/SE. I do remember a multiple choice, check the box items problem, that it had Windows 95 in it. KNOW YOUR DOS COMMANDS INSIDE AND OUT! When coming in with DOS commands, the test really wants to know about syntax. I believe my failure was due to attempts in cramming like 2 nights before the test, which was NOT a good idea. I just hate the fact that when you fail, you have to pay another 152 to retake. So far, ive only based the test off my prior knowledge, as i constantly work with computers (mainly hardware), and ive read about half of the A+ Certification All-in-One guide by Michael Meyers. What were some of your strategies that you did after you took the OS exam and failed?

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I crammed for a week before taking it and passing. I think the highest you can get is 1000, so when I take a test I aim for a perfect score rather than the passing percentage. CompTIA exams aren't that hard, so if you got a score that low then I would recommend studying *lots* more. You want to be able to blow the exam out of the water. :)

There is quite a bit to memorize, but I didn't get that many questions on IRQs and the like when I took it. They say that the Software exam is suppose to be easier than the core, but I found them both to be at the same level in terms of difficulty. You should get it next time.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    I memorized everything that was in a list:
    irq etc. Then test test test take practice tests to find your weak spots.

Know procedures and memorize locations in the GUI to get to all your tools and utilities.

Good Luck
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • Options
    avxavx Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Like someone said before, aim higher then the require passing score, I went in wanting a 800 and got a 702.

Hopefully you can get it the next time around because you already know your weakness , study the printout sheet you where given, take at least 5 different practice tests online until you are getting at least 85% or above on all of them.. Don't just take one and keep practicing on that one.

I used

free-tests.com
    mcmcse.com
    techexams.net( of course )
    ****.com

Get the troubleshooting tools down-pat and why and when to use them.