Options

Anyone familiar with the job "UX Designer" ?

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just trying to get some information on what it entails and what specialties one might have.

The company I work for was talking about hiring a UX designer, but I know the program they need to improve because I have been testing it for over a year as a software tester.

The company I work for gives great opportunities for people who are interested in certain areas and I would like to see if it's something I could attempt to slide in to.

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A UX Engineer is someone that works with User Experience. It's not necessarily an IT related profession. I think of it as a cross-between a product manager and a designer.

UX Engineers typically study human factors in school.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think it's a great opportunity and I would consider pursuing it. I will say that in my experience you are either good at it or you are not. I look at it the same way as a artist, either your mind works that way or doesn't. I've worked with some fantastic web developers, but my gawd their interfaces looked like something from MS Access.

My last job we designed some screens to a new product we were developing. It was a good experience wire framing and story boarding. Up until then I hadn't had experience in that area.

Like Paul mentioned it stands of User Experience and is tightly related to User Interface.

Depending on the type of testing you perform I would assume the salaries would be about equal.