Options

Passed today 23rd June

mahjongmahjong Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wasn't sure until the printer spewed!Used-4th edition CBK-QA Bootcamp notes-S Harris q's 4th ed-Sunflower and notes from here NDA stops me saying to much I think. The SH q's were good practice - but not as direct prep. I didn't bother buying the new CBK so don't know what I missed. I actually had the test booked for May originally and completely missed the chnage of syllabus until a week or so ago.Remarks: Perversely I wasted much time on NIST, ISO std numbers etc. I suggest wider reading get's you further into the principles and risk/flaws.Someone else on here suggested using transcender etc. and then doing your own research on the ones failed (wiki, web, Harris AIO) as a study method *and not reading the answer until later*I think that is a natural way to actively learn (for me at least) and would do that next time. Assuming you also have experience - 2-3hrs, few times a week per domain, then 3 or 4 weeks mixing it all up.Good luck all!

Comments

• Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    flipflop4567flipflop4567 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm in class right now, looking at 4 different types of study material. Just have to get comfortable, I also changed my test date to next month. We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mahjongmahjong Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all - Glad to put the books away for a while!One correction I had the 3rd edition CBK (not 4th).Only the Shon Harris book was 4th edition.Sorry about the wall of text in the original post. Formatting seems to disappear on this device.Also a poster on here shared his notes: CISSP Combined Notes.pdf Hats off to the author for writing and sharing! (just google the filename if you need a copy)