Options

CCCure vs. McGraw Hill Questions

gio629gio629 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been knocking out practice tests through Skillset and CCCure for a few weeks now. I tend to score between 75-85, with the occasional 90. I decided to take on some of the McGraw Hill questions and boy did I get punched in the gut. A good amount of the questions seemed relevant and went along with the curriculum, but I'd say about 30% of them were pretty crazy. Some seemed completely irrelevant and others were just worded in a way that made little sense.

From what I understand the CISSP is completely different from anything you can practice on, but which of these sources comes closer to the real thing? (ie. CCCure, Skillset, McGraw Hill). I plan to continue using them all, but I'm curious to see what people who have taken the exam think.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like McGraw-Hill has based some questions like the (ISC)2 farms out questions. In many cases the same question writers. I haven't looked for a couple of years but the (ISC)2 used give so many credits for writing 5 possible questions for the exam(s). Obviously, these base questions would be tortured in some castle in the mountains until unrecognizable to one's one mother and sent off for further review and eventual placement in the bank of exam questions.

The questions on the exam itself are very likely to contain spurious, unrelated and out bizarre information designed to make you think about the answer in ways you never thought possible. Hence the who psycho-metric exam discussion. Many exams have been written this way and its no big deal. Just take a deep breath and realize that a great deal of thought went into the questions to CHALLENGE you.

Now, when I wrote questions for CCCure things are different. First, there is no real pressure to write the best possible question because the audience is studying not examining. Second, its easier to write those softball questions rather than dig deep like I have to for the (ISC)2

- b/eads