Elder of ISC2 and Certification Endorsement Committee for CISSP

riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
You must be wondering why it took awfully long eight (icon_cool.gif weeks to be endorsed by ISC2 endorsement committee. This story will uncover the reasons behind this. In the end, you will appreciate the hard work done by this committee.

In a room filled with CISSP endorsement application and CV that accompanied them, a lonely man is sitting in front of a jug full of black coffee. Five boxes are in front of him, marked as follows:
  • Rejections
  • High Risk Applications
  • Approved Applications
  • Clarification
  • Pending
Rejections and Approved boxes were almost empty while Pending was full-to-the-top.

Taking a deep sip of coffee, the lonely man picked up an application from "Pending" box. He started reviewing application form that has put cism in lieu of one-year experience. He immediately started to write a letter addressed to ISACA to seek confirmation of CISM certification. He put the letter in outgoing snail mail and classified the application as Clarification and put the letter reference on top of it. Then he continued with next pending applications. Now this applicant claimed to have worked mainly in physical security domain for six (6) years. He then opened CV to look for more details and to-do due diligence then suddenly the door opened and another man entered the room with laptop and asked the endorser to attend virtual meeting with "Elders of ISC2".

Elders of ISC2: Greeting and this is our daily-half-day progress check meeting for our endorsement committee. Brief us on the progress so far.

Lonely Endorser: Why you call & write it an "Endorsement Committee". Legally you cannot call one-man-show a committee or even team. I am the only guy reviewing all the endorsement.

Elders of ISC2: We are also part of the committee and are accountable, should be consulted and must be informed from RACI matrix and you are responsible for the endorsement. Thus we have RACI+B (backup) compliance governance structure. It will be violation of SOD principles if anyone of us review it. So brief us on the progress....

Endorser: So far I have managed to review one pending applications and ask for ISACA about the .....

Elders of ISC2: Good....So you are on track...... Remember your KPI lower threshold is to approve at least one application per day while at most 10. How will you meet today's quota. Prepare a plan and brief us within one-hour today. Meeting dismiss....

Endorser: At least give me access to a computer in this room to do online verification.

Elders of ISC2: This is very sensitive work and we do not trust you. May be you will start browsing the internet which is full of risk and danger. Bad people are lurking all over there. Your request is declined for 100th time.

After half-an-hour, endorser was asked to join virtual meeting with elders...

Elders of ISC2: Greetings, we are here to check on the no. of rejections and to monitor the threshold level. You know it you must reject at least one application and at most none. Tell us you have met the quote already.

Endorser: I do not think, I can reject anyone today.

Elders of ISC2: No underage applicants, no one claiming to be world youngest CISSP...pity.....Double check applicants from india and china. pay attention to the date of birth.

Endorser: No chance.....

Elders of ISC2: What about anyone using CISSP title anywhere in their CVs.....We are sure there will be plenty doing this....

Endorser: one applicant wrote CISSP Exam Passer......Is it ok?

Elders of ISC2: Let me check which one of us from our RACI+B matrix is occupying consulted cell...I think INFORMED will not be useful here.

Consulted Elders of ISC2: No.......the application should be returned....It is our unwritten policy that no one should use these five letter CISSP before our approval. Absolutely no one. Do not ask us, how the first CISSP was endorsed. It's same debate which comes first chicken or egg. It was painful era when there was ZERO CISSP certified and we should not live in the past.

Elders of ISC2: Congrats all around.... Quota is reached for rejection....We will do our daily end-of-day meeting as usual. Prepare a report and memo for this. Meeting adjourn....

....continued......

Comments

• ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How many applications does the endorser get through in a day?
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Archon wrote: »
    How many applications does the endorser get through in a day?
    Observing this forum, i hardly see more than 2-3 endorsement for CISSP per day......But having said that you need to consider other Cert endorsement from ISC2.
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why are you only able to approve 10 applications per day?
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    I can't make myself read all that. Somebody drop a summary or synopsis on me.
    Khaos1911 wrote: »
    I can't make myself read all that. Somebody drop a summary or synopsis on me.

Ha ha ha.....Summary 2-3 Review Completion by CISSP endorsement Committee due to high load & high quality expectation...resulting into 8 weeks turn around time....
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Could have stopped at the first 2 sentences.icon_rolleyes.gif
    Could have stopped at the first 2 sentences.icon_rolleyes.gif
    So you already gone through this process...That's why the amazement.....