Options

Taking the exam on Monday (First time)

papaw0lfpapaw0lf Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well its show time I guess.. After 4+ months of study and tons of quizzes (CCC, TK, McGrath) I am taking the exam on Monday icon_cool.gif

Cant say I feel ready, but I guess you never do, keeps you on edge icon_redface.gif

Any tips for the soon-to-be tested?

I have a 13 year experience in IT, 8 of which are in security as a integrator, I have network security, AV, DLP, Strong authentication product certifications and also a penetration testing certification, whose exam was a full black box pen test. So I'm definetely not new to this.

This is the first time I'm taking this type of exam though so I cant help but have the jitters.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Cheers !

Comments

• Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No worries...Just refer to my previous post on "Launching attack on CISSP Test Engine"....

At this point additional studies or material will not help....So now concentrate on your stronger side and strengthen the depths i..e. concepts. Post 15 April 2015 CISSP is wide mile long and may 1 foot deep now. Yup depth is increased from one inch to several feet.....
  • Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do not under estimate the length of the exam.
  • Options
    nk_vnnk_vn Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    riyan wrote: »
    No worries...Just refer to my previous post on "Launching attack on CISSP Test Engine"....

At this point additional studies or material will not help....So now concentrate on your stronger side and strengthen the depths i..e. concepts. Post 15 April 2015 CISSP is wide mile long and may 1 foot deep now. Yup depth is increased from one inch to several feet.....

<rant>
    If this is true, it really grinds my gears. It is simply not fair. Especially taking into consideration the fact that the non-english versions of the exam got updated later. The east asian language versions are still with the old exam until 1st July. ISC2 claims that they do not discriminate their candidates, yet they require different depth of knowledge for the same certification based on your language choice? This is just not right.
    </rant>
  • Options
    grungeisevilgrungeisevil Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry, you've got this! I never felt totally prepared. Here are some tips that may be helpful:

1) Get to the examination center at least an hour earlier as you need to sort out registration.
    2) Pack some snacks and water as you'll probably need to re-fuel half way through.
    3) Remember that this exam is definitely a marathon, not a race. Use up all the time if you need to.
    4) When you feel drained, take a break. A quick 2 minutes break will help you to re-focus
    5) Read questions and answers at least TWICE. This exam is extremely tricky.

All the best my friend!
  • Options
    papaw0lfpapaw0lf Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your responses, my exam is tommorrow at 09:00. I belive I am done until then, now I am just stressing :) I figure I know what I know,so I dont plan on any divine intervention at this point.Plan is to pack it in early today and have a clear head for tommorrow.

What I usually do is do a quick pass over the questions and identify the easy kills and flag the ones that I am amigoous about, then go over the flagged ones.

Then go over the whole thing to make sure I got the q & a 's right then fingers crossed.

On the CCCure I score 94%+ with a 250 question pool in about an hour so I will of course slow down tommorrow and take my time as needed, but the idea is to not overspend time on questions so I have a better chance to review the exam as a whole and statistically improve my chances.
  • Options
    sr2000sr2000 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck for your CISSP exam!
  • Options
    sesha569sesha569 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All the best friend...let us know the result. ..

you are well prepared only. So get ready for the exam in positive note and clear the exam.
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Abhishek a.k.a BlackshielAbhishek a.k.a Blackshiel Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Irony with me is, i am not from a technical background (its my 5th year in business stream and i still regret choosing this) I feel i am made for Information security, So it started with some random interest a year back i started searching out on hacking this hacking that, downloaded proper operating system (backtrack was only compatible after partitioning my external hard disk so dont ask me why didn't you go for kali coz grub failed everytime). So started with hacking wireless networks of the neighborhood, watched some youtube videos and then i stopped everything and carried on with my last year of graduation. Now i have completed my Graduation in BBA ( business administration), and now im searching out options for the job/field with most scope. I searched CEH but then some CIO who has done all the certification suggested that CEH is really shitty and tool based, Cissp is the way to go so, I have downloaded 6th edition shon harris november 14 book but as i read the blue print has changed. Honestly i dont have the patience to give 6 months of studies , but HELL YEAH ANY FREAKING THING FOR MY PASSION. Any suggestions or recommendations whether i should persue or not any help would be great.
    Sorry for my bad english!!