Passed my CISSP

papaw0lfpapaw0lf Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
After 5.5 hours of test taking I passed the exam. icon_cheers.gif

It was hard, I ran into a few things that were not in my prep material but 13 years of IT experience got me through I guess. :)

Now I'm sending my endorsement letter and I am seeing in the requirements, that I have to describe my previous employment descriptions "as per the CBK" is there any reference that you can point me for that?

Thanks everybody for all your support.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I only listed my job duties as they pertained to the domains I claimed experienced on. I left everything else out.
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! It sounds like your experience really helped. How much time did you spend preparing?
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    papaw0lf wrote: »

Now I'm sending my endorsement letter and I am seeing in the requirements, that I have to describe my previous employment descriptions "as per the CBK" is there any reference that you can point me for that?

Thanks everybody for all your support.

Congrats.....Now 8 weeks waiting for endorsement....
  • sr2000sr2000 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • sesha569sesha569 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hearty Congrats...Could you please let us know your preparation method or material. How many months you prepared?
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • melvinfzmelvinfz Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ksmaheshkumarksmaheshkumar Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • papaw0lfpapaw0lf Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the late update but I have been out and about for a few days.

So to describe my preparation:
    Duration: 4 months while balancing a full work schedule and twin 1.5 year old boys
    Books:
    -Shaun Harris AIO 6th edition
    -The 11th hour Eric Conrad
    -Sunflower PDF

Practice Exams:
    -CCCure
    -Shaun Harris AIO - companion CD

Generally I started reading the AIO but I got tired after 2-3 chapters and it was impossible to commit it all to memory. So I started the practice exams and used the AIO (and 5 different highlighters) to mark the important parts. I started scoring a consistent 94+% in the CCCure practice exams and then on the SH AIO companion CDs and that is when I booked my exam 3 weeks after.

During those 3 weeks I spent time refining my skills in the practice test and started reading the 11th hour and sunflower. Over the last week I only took exams and used the sunflower and highlighted parts from the 11th hour as reference. I did not bother with the official CBK, in hindsight maybe I should have given it a quick run through.

The exam was challenging but it was a mixed batch of easy, hard and tricky questions (at least to me) but it was not sth impossible, I guess it relies (as most of the exams Ive taken) one part in knowledge you get by reading and one part knowledge you earn in the field. So I believe that it depends on the takers background.

Cheers to you guys and good luck in your own endeavours.
  • harun52harun52 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Papaw0lf,

Congrats ! are the old books ( shon harris - eric conrad) valid and enough for new CISSP domain?
    Do I have to take extra books for new domain?
    Thank you,
  • harun52harun52 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Papaw0lf,

Congrats ! are the old books ( shon harris - eric conrad) valid and enough for new CISSP domain?
    Do I have to take extra books for new domain?
    Thank you,
  • papaw0lfpapaw0lf Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes I would say that they are very relevant. Most people say that the new official CBK is not worth the money, but I havent read it so I cant vouch for that.

Also in CCCure you can see the differences in the new post 15 Apr Exam which has some additional resources to check, I didnt as I found out kind of late in the process icon_redface.gif and I didnt want to wast time re-inventing the wheel.

https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/CISSP-CBK-2012-versus-the-new-CISSP-CBK-2015

Hope this helps.
  • grungeisevilgrungeisevil Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy!
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□