Options

Best OS exam cram?

peep2peep2 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took a course in hard ware and a course on OS last semester at the local community college. The hard ware course was designed to prepare you for the A+ exam and by passing the CompTIA exam I was able to skip the final. While I learned a great deal about OS in that class, the course was not really designed to prepare me for the CompTIA OS exam. I would like to complete the certification process but I need a good cram book to study for the OS exam. Which one is best? My review of these forums leaves me a little confused.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    peep2 wrote:
    I would like to complete the certification process but I need a good cram book to study for the OS exam. Which one is best? My review of these forums leaves me a little confused.

I am not certain what has confused you regarding books here? Generally, the most recommended are:

Mike Meyers A-I-O
    Sybex
    Meyer's Passport for A+
    Exam Cram2

CompTIA's objectives

Were you looking for something different?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    peep2peep2 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My impression is that the Meyers books provide a course of study. Since I have allready taken an OS course I am now just looking for a guide to cram specifically for the A+ OS exam. I have the basic knowledge (I hope),now I just want to pass the test. By the way, I am retired now and don't plan on this for a second career, it's just a personal goal. I'll leave the professional work to younger brains.
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Exam Cram 2 is generally a good choice.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    peep2 wrote:
    My impression is that the Meyers books provide a course of study. Since I have allready taken an OS course I am now just looking for a guide to cram specifically for the A+ OS exam. I have the basic knowledge (I hope),now I just want to pass the test. By the way, I am retired now and don't plan on this for a second career, it's just a personal goal. I'll leave the professional work to younger brains.

A+ books are generally combined topics (OS & Core). If you want something with only hardware information, you may consider the Scott Mueller Upgarding and repair
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?