Options

CCNA 200-120 passed!

BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
Hey guys,

I haven't posted much except for a post here and there for some time but the place I'm with now sent me to a Global Knowledge course which in turn got me a 2 shots at the cert.

Studied using Lammle, Bryant's Udemy and CBT nuggets and came away with a 890. I'll take it... was a long time in the making. Glad I got the kick I needed to go do it.

Next week they are sending me to MCSA bootcamp, but after that I want to concentrate on CCNP switch.

BT

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man!
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    woot, all these passes lately using the same study material I'm using. makes me ponder if I study too much. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Who is the place that is sending you to MCSA camp? And is it for Server or Desktop? Seems like going MCSA after CCNA means you are looking for a jack of all trades position. Is that what you want? You can always bypass MCSA and do CCNP instead if you're sure you want to do network engineering.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    koz24 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

Who is the place that is sending you to MCSA camp? And is it for Server or Desktop? Seems like going MCSA after CCNA means you are looking for a jack of all trades position. Is that what you want? You can always bypass MCSA and do CCNP instead if you're sure you want to do network engineering.

My company is sending me. MCSA server at Global Knowledge. I work for a school so as a network engineer it is kind of a JOAT. I'm going to take it if its free through. We have a large switched environment so I don't think it will be too difficult to self study/get practical experience for the switch exam. Route is another thing though, at least I should be able to lab the heck out of it with GNS3 and or some physical routers.

Staying where I'm at I could see myself getting a VCP as well in the next year paid for. I'm getting decent money where I am at now and the training / cert reimbursement is nothing to scoff at so I'm going to keep going after whatever they throw my way. I would like to get the CCNP completed in 2016 though. Then see where that takes me.
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Big congrats on your pass!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats man.icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats man.icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    Congrats on the CCNA!
  • Options
    Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    Congrats BigTone,
    I'm doing this exam 12 of August. My study material are Lammle books, CBT nuggets(jeromy Ciora) and I'm using Cisco Packet Tracer for my labs.

for how long time did you study for this exam?
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.The single exam was a bold move.