Options

ICND1 100-101 Pull the Trigger or Not?

ColiptoColipto Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I've been a long time lurker here, looking to get any advice as i have a day off of work coming up (July 3rd) and wondering if i should attempt going for my CCENT.

I have some real world experience working with Cisco equipment as-well as my own LAB which consists of a 1841, two 2811's and two 3550's.
I have been using the following resources:

Udemy Courses :
CCNA 220-120 Video Boot Camp with Chris Bryant
101 Cisco CCNA Labs by Paul Browning

Boson Ex-Sim 100-101 ( I've gotten to the point of 80% per quiz, last was 89%)
Packet Tracer Student Edition for Labs / Home Lab

I have purchased also the Following:
Wendell Odom Official Cert Guide for ICND1 100-101
ICND1 100-101 Exam Cram By Michael Valentine and Steve Barker

The books listed above are mainly used as references to anything i run into issues with. I can't say that I've read through every page of those books as i learn better through doing.

Would like some suggestions on if i should pull the trigger or wait..

My confidence level was very high and then i pulled the trigger on Boson and bombed the first quiz at like 67%

Ever since I've been using it as my main learning tool and i believe i am ready but would like some last minute suggestions.

Appreciate the responses, Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    Depends on how fast you are with subnetting. If you got that down, then go for it.

If not, then practice it more.
  • Options
    quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    HAMP wrote: »
    Depends on how fast you are with subnetting. If you got that down, then go for it.

Man, I must be the only one who didn't get many subnetting questions. I had no problem with them.

Do another Boson exam and see how you do. If you get a passing score, go for it.
  • Options
    HAMP wrote: »

My sub-netting is decent, I used sub-netting dot net and have scored up to 12, average 7 ish which is what they recommend with 100% accuracy. I can probably go faster if i tried but i have been focusing on things i feel i am lacking in and accuracy is key.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You will never know until you try. If you bomb the test then I suggest reading the book. Some things just can't be covered completely in video.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Man, I must be the only one who didn't get many subnetting questions. I had no problem with them.

Do another Boson exam and see how you do. If you get a passing score, go for it.

I have been passing my last few boson tests, I will probably sit down after work and do another few just to make sure.
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    You will never know until you try. If you bomb the test then I suggest reading the book. Some things just can't be covered completely in video.

Good Luck!

Agreed, I'm probably pulling the trigger as i feel like my hands on experience and the videos I've watched make up for my slack on reading.
  • Options
    I've signed up for a course tomorrow afternoon, In the mean time I'm hitting up some subnetting and OSPF heavily as some users over in reddit have stated that these are the most common topics for ICND1.
    Went to subnetting.net and scored 13 100% (Little distracted could've scored higher)
  • Options

My test is tomorrow afternoon, Before then I'm going to go through 1 more boson practice test. I also want to do some labs for OSPF - then go through the exam cram practice tests and cram sheet. I'm hoping this will be sufficient enough.

If anyone has any tips or comments all are appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Let us know how you do
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    bub9001 wrote: »
    Let us know how you do

created another topic I ended up passing.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/112137-passed-icnd1-ccent.html
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    Great Job!

thanks! looking forward to ICND2