Booked in for Monday!

reastereaste Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I bit the bullet ! My only chance to sit this exam is Monday for the entire month, not what I had hoped as wanted 2 weeks cramming but you can't get much more motivation to succeed than booking in like that :)

I have been using prowse book with 1 chapter remaining, most nervous of encryption as I only got 68% of the 35 practice questions right although I have since identified why I got them wrong, again I stress to anyone out there TAKE TIME READING THE QUESTIONS. Most others I am around 80-85%

I am really unsure about how these questions will weigh up against the real exam tho, I am in the mind that they are helping me understand the content tho.

I am extremely nervous of any questions that may involve cmd / shell simulations as I am not sure what I could be hit with.

Background: A life of working around PC's either from home or in retail, with a background in hardware engineering in 2001.

Currently 2nd year as a service desk technician after moving continents and getting back into IT working on incident management and request fulfillment in an enterprise environment.

If anyone can offer some insight into the simulations or "make sure you truely grasp this concept" It would be much appreciated.

(I also have been using the android certmaster app from comptia)

Comments

• TomESivertsenTomESivertsen Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just passed my Security+ today, did read the Darril Gibson get certified get Ahead two times and did the questions in the book, also watched cbt nuggets video one time. You will get some simulation questions, examle how to setup WAP With radius server.

You should learn port numbers, 21,22,23,25,49,53,69,80,88,110,143,161,137-139,389,443,3389,1701,1433,1812 ( may have forgot some )
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    reaste wrote: »
    If anyone can offer some insight into the simulations or "make sure you truely grasp this concept" It would be much appreciated.

my 2 cents:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/security/88831-failed-2.html#post948998

Good Luck!
    (i KNOW i needed it)
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just passed my Security+ today, did read the Darril Gibson get certified get Ahead two times and did the questions in the book, also watched cbt nuggets video one time. You will get some simulation questions, examle how to setup WAP With radius server.

You should learn port numbers, 21,22,23,25,49,53,69,80,88,110,143,161,137-139,389,443,3389,1701,1433,1812 ( may have forgot some )

Congrats on the pass. That is probably going to be my next certification I am going to study for after I take my Network+ exam is coming July 24. Anyway, congrats. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    reaste wrote: »
    I bit the bullet ! My only chance to sit this exam is Monday for the entire month, not what I had hoped as wanted 2 weeks cramming but you can't get much more motivation to succeed than booking in like that :)

I have been using prowse book with 1 chapter remaining, most nervous of encryption as I only got 68% of the 35 practice questions right although I have since identified why I got them wrong, again I stress to anyone out there TAKE TIME READING THE QUESTIONS. Most others I am around 80-85%

I am really unsure about how these questions will weigh up against the real exam tho, I am in the mind that they are helping me understand the content tho.

I am extremely nervous of any questions that may involve cmd / shell simulations as I am not sure what I could be hit with.

Background: A life of working around PC's either from home or in retail, with a background in hardware engineering in 2001.

Currently 2nd year as a service desk technician after moving continents and getting back into IT working on incident management and request fulfillment in an enterprise environment.

(I also have been using the android certmaster app from comptia)

Good luck this coming Monday. I hope you pass. Just relax and read every question very carefully. If need be, read the questions twice. However, watch for the time clock. Remember, you only get 90 minutes. Good luck. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Good luck. Yes, read up on the ports. Darril's book helped me so much the second time...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • reastereaste Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all, deffinatly feeling the pressure now, feeling more concerned about mixing up rc4 with rsa ive not looked at gibsons book but between the exam cram and prowse i should be ok, been going over messers vids also, they have been very beneficial, his tone and pace is easy to listen to. Will post tomorrow with the results!
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the very best for your exams..! icon_thumright.gif
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do well on your exam Broicon_study.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do well on your exam. icon_study.gif I hope to schedule mines soon. let us know how you did.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • reastereaste Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed :) 802, 66 Questions, 4 - 6? practicals don't recall but RADIUS setup is a NEED TO KNOW for extra credit. I found the practicals cumbersome, the instructions / question box is a pop up you have to move around all the time to see what your doing and its distracting. Also I thought it really unfair you have to do the survey at the end before getting your Pass / Fail result lol.

The official exam cram book is perfect partner to theory in prowse's book the questions were closer to what was in the exam. Just checked - I got port 443 right :) nearly confused with 445 - that's dyslexia for you.

My best advise. really review anything you feel you still get confused on becuase of similaritys, if you can see a word and know 100% why its different to the other in application then you will really go far !

And thanks to Professor Messer for his fantastic vids :)
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man...! Its time to update your profile...icon_cheers.gif