Options

Postponed exam

KandinskyKandinsky Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was originally going to take it this coming Monday but I just don't feel like I'm quite there yet. I was doing measureup practice tests and reading this one text book off and on and occasionally watching videos and I thought I was up to it, but then after reading so much about Darril Gibson's book, I got it and did the 100 practice question assessment at the beginning of the book and scored a 69/100. And these are just straightforward multiple choice questions, not even any simulations. I sent an email today to my testing liaison to reschedule for next week and I'm going to spend the week reading Darril's book and hopefully that will help me to strengthen my weak areas. I just don't want to come on here and make one of those posts like "Failed the exam today, I came soo close." I can't rush this right now.

Comments

• Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kandinsky,

Don't feel bad for doing what is right in terms of on how you really feel. If you are not ready to take an exam and need more time with to study the material, then do it. Go when you feel ready and of course when you score higher than a 69 out of 100 on the assessment. Trust me, when I was studying for my A+ certification exams, I re-scheduled my 801 exam because I felt I was not ready just yet. Wanted to strengthen my weak areas before taking the exam because I did not want to fail. With the grace of God, I passed both the 801 and 802 exams the first time I took them. Now I am about to take the Network+ (N10-005) exam this coming July 24. If by chance I do not feel ready, than I am going to re-schedule it and not feel bad about it. Just keep up with the studying and you'll pass the Security+ exam. Good luck. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yes, I'd rather take a little longer and increase chances for success than rush and end up failing. Good luck on the network+.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good 4 you.
    gibson book is all you need.
    read and re-read concepts weaker on.
    it is a good read and well written.
  • Options
    PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what I can add to that is on measureup I was only hitting between 45-65% and i passed the exam last week. Measureup is alot tougher than the actual exam!

I got 848/900
    ISC2 CISSP, EC-Council CEH, CompTia Security+
  • Options
    twodogs62: thanks, that's the plan. Yes, from what I can tell it's an excellent book and actually written in a way that makes you want to read it. I have another text book that's very dry and a chore to read so I am looking forward to changing to Darril's book.

PeterHands: Good to know. The Measureup questions are probably the most difficult security+ practice questions I have encountered thus far. It's encouraging to hear the real thing is not that hard.