Routing trouble

NansNans Member Posts: 160
Hello

I have encountered a problem in reaching a host. It is shown in the picture below. I could ping the 10.10.10.1 ( which is routers interface from all other computers. But i couldn't reach the computer in the same network with address 10.10.10.2. There is route defined. Any suggestions will be really helpful.

2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []

Comments

• koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    traceroute. follow the packet. Is there a problem with the reverse route--does the host have a default gateway configured? Where are you pinging from? Does that host need to go off-subnet?
  • NansNans Member Posts: 160
    koz24 wrote: »
    traceroute. follow the packet. Is there a problem with the reverse route--does the host have a default gateway configured? Where are you pinging from? Does that host need to go off-subnet?

Hie i just got it figured. Its the DHCP server that didn't assign the default gateway to the host. So I just retired allocating the address to the host.

Thanks for your suggestions. i'll try to use the traceroute next time i come across this kind of issue.
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []