ICND1 and 2 study question

an0nymousan0nymous Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Been reading few threads here and gain a lot of information but still after some advise.

I just enrol into do my ICND1 and 2 course and with my package I have an Three Month Subscription to Cisco Practice Labs. Not sure what the best way of doing it. Should I attend both course and then study for the exams or attend ICND1 course, study and take the exam before starting my ICND2 course. Issue with doing this is my 3 month subscription will expire roughly 1 month after I finish my ICND2 course.

From reading around I don't think 1 month of practice lab is enough for ICND2. As everyone is saying ICND2 is a lot more difficult then ICND1.

Any advice will greatly appropriated

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• an0nymousan0nymous Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just had an idea.

Attend ICND1 course then study 1.5 month for ICND1 exams (first 2 weeks without practice labs) which will give me 2 month of practice lab for ICND2.

What do you guys think of this studying plan?
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would definitely pass ICND1 before taking a course or studying for ICND2.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree shortstop, I would take ICND1 and pass it before you worried about ICND2. I am going to assume this is your first Cisco cert? Without knowing your background more (assuming you are newer to networking) I can tell you there is a lot of material on ICND1, so it is best to focus on one at a time.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can anybody recommend doing just the 200-120.? or 100-101 /100-201?
    i am debating with route i should go. any advise.?

TIA
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    @an0nymous I studied 1.5 months for the ICND1 and 1 month for the ICND2. I spent 2-3 hours a day depending on how much labbing I did. My routine was watch 30-60 minutes of CBTNugget videos, read a chapter from Odom's INCD1/2 book, and lab whatever I just learned. Id recommend 2 months study for each. 1 month was too little time for the ICND2 in my opinion. In all honesty, don't worry about your time. Unless you have a deadline (a real one, not one you made up) there's no reason to. If you're studying like you should you'll have it in 3-6 months.

@c0mptia Go for the two part exam. That's just to much information for someone who's starting out. I feel like having less info to focus on will actually help you to focus on the info you do have.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□

@c0mptia Go for the two part exam. That's just to much information for someone who's starting out. I feel like having less info to focus on will actually help you to focus on the info you do have.

Thanks.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Like others mentioned, don't even worry or think about the INCD2 until you get your INCD1. Just keep your focus on one goal at a time.

Best of luck!
  • an0nymousan0nymous Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the advise guys.

Booked myself for my ICND1 course with roughly 1.5 month to study and take the exams.

I have a little bit of background in networking so hopefully that would help a bit.