Options

680 - 685 retirement?

koankoan Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
The Win7 test are next on my list so I thought I would check on retirement dates, it appears MS only list certs that have been retired and does not give dates indicating when a current cert will be retired. Again I would like to make sure the effort isn't wasted so any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    maelstrom3530maelstrom3530 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As far as I know, exams are only retired when the product is retired. And it looks like Win7 will be around for a while.
    2015 Goals: [X] ICND2 [X]70-680 [X]70-685 [X]70-640
    2016 Goals: [X]70-410 [X]70-411
    2017 Goals: [X]70-412
    2018 Goals: [_]70-697 [_]70-698
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    According to Microsoft's policy, certifications are retired when the corresponding technology is surpassed by two newer related technology releases.

So in this example, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are currently valid, and Vista certs are retired.

However, with the release of Windows 10 and the upcoming corresponding certifications, Windows 7 certs are next to be retired.

However, I don't believe an official announcement has been made at this time. Furthermore, I don't know how long it will actually take Microsoft to retire the Windows 7 exams. Could be 6 months, could be a year. Either way, I think you should still have plenty of time to obtain the MCSA: Windows 7 certification.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    koankoan Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    good to know was wondering about that.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »
    According to Microsoft's policy, certifications are retired when the corresponding technology is surpassed by two newer related technology releases.

So in this example, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are currently valid, and Vista certs are retired.

However, with the release of Windows 10 and the upcoming corresponding certifications, Windows 7 certs are next to be retired.

However, I don't believe an official announcement has been made at this time. Furthermore, I don't know how long it will actually take Microsoft to retire the Windows 7 exams. Could be 6 months, could be a year. Either way, I think you should still have plenty of time to obtain the MCSA: Windows 7 certification.

Sums it up nicely.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe current policy is to give a year notice.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete