Options

Becoming irate at Pearson software

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm trying to install Cisco CCNA routing and switching 200-120 network simulator from Pearson and it stops in the middle of the installation process stating that I already have this version installed.

I look everywhere, and no, I don't, it's nowhere to be found, and Pearson's helpdesk people are clueless too and don't know what the hell is going on.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I attempted to install it one but it failed, I think, and now it's just being stupid.

I checked to see if I even have a folder for Pearson, heck, I run a search for the word SIMULATOR and NOTHING comes up.

My computer is clean and not cluttered at all, I house all my documents on my NAS and my PC pretty much only holds the OS and programs, so I know I'm not missing it anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the Mac version so I didn't experience that. Have you tried rebooting and installing?
  • Options
    It's been ongoing for a month now so there have been plenty of reboots.

I just got it to work. Their instructions were not all there. I had to go into some random folder and run a different setup file.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    Jasiono wrote: »
    It's been ongoing for a month now so there have been plenty of reboots.

I just got it to work. Their instructions were not all there. I had to go into some random folder and run a different setup file.

Is it trying to install a java applet? Are you using chrome? I can probably help :P

I'm guessing you have multiple java runtimes installed or your java security is not configured correctly or ie/firefox/ chrome plugins/exceptions are not configured correctly or you have a popup blocker.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I went the two test route and had an issue when I tried to install the software from the second book. I ended up having to remove the software from the first book to get it to work. Your problem sounds different though.
  • Options
    I got it to work. I just had to go into a different folder and run a different setup file than what Pearson had specified.