Options

Testing Centers

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey guys do you Guys know if Testing Centers are suppose to charge you to use their facilities. icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_rolleyes.gif

I know that you pay for the exam online or at the pearson view but are the Testing centers suppose to be charging you an additional fee.............

One place tried to charge me 150 bucks to sit my network+ a few weeks ago. and thats after I paid 240 for my voucher.
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've never been charged to use a testing center when I took the Network+ and the two tests for the CCNA. I have been charged $25 when I took CLEP tests, but that wasn't with Pearson Vue and was something different. It aounds like you need to have a chat with Pearson Vue about that test center.
  • Options
    i'm thinking the same thing, i might need to report them. but i went to another testing centre and they told me that it was free so now i know something is wrong.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took both of my exams at a Pearson Vue testing center and was not charged either. I had to pay $30 extra due to not using the credit card option, instead I paid in cash. If I paid with my credit card it would have been the exam price listed without any addition charges.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    Well Edificer looks like this particular testing centre is robbing people.
    :

• Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's absolutely insane. I would have called Pearson Vue from their lobby and demanded a free reschedule to another location. I want to know how this goes when you call them.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've encountered a place that charges a small proctoring fee even if you have the voucher. This was for my MTA. If I had bought it online for $70, they would have charged me about $20. Instead, they told me I could buy the voucher through them for $70 and they'd waive the fee, which worked out. Since then however, I haven't see this. It seems to be uncommon. I would go to a different testing center.
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I read on an article that these testing centers in India (this article was writing particularly about testing centers in India) where the proctors point out all the answers for you for a price.

At the end of the exam there is a feedback sheet where you write out your experience and how the proctor conducted the test, the environment, and if there were any distractions/disturbance did you get that? I wouldn't be surprised if they kept that from you and when you left he ticked all the boxes as 'excellent' himself.

Please be advised Pearson VUE takes all allegations of misconduct seriously. Many years ago we established specific email boxes for people to use in reporting indiscretions including, but not limited to:

--Cheating
    --Candidates that disclose test questions to others
    --The use of stolen questions by test takers to help prepare for exams
    --Test center misconduct
    --Employee misconduct
    --The use of someone to take a test on behalf of someone else

Through the years, incoming tips coming have assisted us in successfully concluding numerous investigations. While many allegations are made maliciously and ultimately are proven as such, others have resulted in police/civil actions, revocations of certifications, and lifetime bans from further participation in a testing program. In short, the consequences for those that do not follow the rules can be lifelong.

To report misconduct in India, please email us at: PVTestSecurity@pearson.com

When the rules aren't followed, everybody loses. Please protect the value of being certified and report misconduct promptly. Thank you.

Pearson VUE Global Security

source:
    http://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/pearson-vue-complaints-corrupt-official-amit-goyal-l85874.html
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Never heard of such a thing and I have tested at at the very least 7 facilities I can count off hand in two states. Try a larger city or ask upfront about any hidden "fees". The testing center is already making money once by providing the testing center in the first place. A second "fee" sounds more like graft or shakedown.

- b/eads
  • Options
    The problem is the Island where I live they are the only testing center there. So they are taking advantage of the prices. I never took an exam with them for that reason i have parents that live in the capital so i flew there where the testing center was free. I used that 150 for a plane ticket to visit my parents in the capital and sat my Network + exam for free over there.
    :

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Curiosity was killing me so I reached out to that Pearson email posted above:
    Under no circumstances should a site be charging an additional sitting fee for the exams they are delivering, however, if your voucher does not cover the entire exam fee there would be an additional charge before the entire exam fee is covered.
    They of course would like more details to pursue the matter.
  • Options
    I paid the entire 270 on the network plus at the time.......... but like i said the other testing center let me sit the exam with out a problem. so i know for sure something is off about this company. because they are the only testing center on the island they are being dishonest and adding additional fees.......cyberguypr I will message you.
    :