CISSP in endorsement CV

papaw0lfpapaw0lf Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all

Still in the wait for my official acceptance of my CISSP, I got confirmation of my endorsement being in queue since the 1st July and still no word.

I read in this forum in a previous post (from 2012) that you should not mention the CISSP in the CV your endorses submits for you, the problem is that I adjusted my CV based on a CV my endorser sent me as template (his own) and I added CISSP in my list certificationsicon_redface.gif.

Has anyone else done this boo boo recently and what was the effect on your process?

Cheers!

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    papaw0lf wrote: »
    Hi all

Still in the wait for my official acceptance of my CISSP, I got confirmation of my endorsement being in queue since the 1st July and still no word.

I read in this forum in a previous post (from 2012) that you should not mention the CISSP in the CV your endorses submits for you, the problem is that I adjusted my CV based on a CV my endorser sent me as template (his own) and I added CISSP in my list certificationsicon_redface.gif.

Has anyone else done this boo boo recently and what was the effect on your process?

Cheers!

I did the exact same thing. It's the wrong thing to do. Acoording to ISC2 you have not been awarded the CISSP until they have reviewed all your documents and thus you can not use it on any resumes.

Fear not though, when they get to your documents they will send you an email to resubmit your CV or Resume. Once you receive the email, send them a new CV or resume without CISSP in it. A day later you will receive your official official email congratulating you and then you can use CISSP anywhere you want.
    I received it within a day after adjustment.
  • papaw0lfpapaw0lf Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any moderators watching this?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ban for life is on it's way
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I think the (ISC)2 prefers to educate its new members in their protocols rather than insta-banning them. If they mention it to you, apologize, fix it, and move on in your InfoSec career.
  • papaw0lfpapaw0lf Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys and Gals

Just got the official acceptence today after a follow up email yesterday to remove CISSP from my CV and resend it.

So gonna party tonight :D

Cheers!!