Options

pls help me, xam next week

sridhar_sai84sridhar_sai84 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys,

i am appearing for exam next week..read shon harris 6th edition, practice quesns
isc2 latest book released after april...

working on shon harris quesns is really tricky and unable to get much score there..

will the actual quesns be scenario based as in shaun harris or follow isc2 pattern.

wats best thing to do in last 1 week.

please advise

Comments

• Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As you may have noticed there are many views to your question but no answers but I thought hummm lets say something....

Well for a start there is lot of ambiguity in your quesns or questions with the extra 3 alphabets so firstly you may fix that.

Now for the test or xam or exam with the extra 1 alphabet I believe it is too late to make any meaningful study effort unless you want to try and cram and get lucky..unlikely scenario.

It is hard to understand how come you landed up here days before your exam and now wish to get an injection that will fill you up with the information to get through the exam. There is no such magic that can be delivered via this or any other forum. Spend some time to read the threads and you will see people have put in months of effort and multiple attempts to make it there and you my friend are trying to see if there is an easy way out. Well the good news is that there is an easy but lengthy way. Step 1, postpone your xam to this xmas or by six months, Step 2, read SH book again and it will get better, Step 3 read through this forum to see what is a relevant question to ask and if it has been asked before and Google is your friend there, it knows everything..it will read you mind or keystrokes and give you the answers you are looking for. So be a good IT professional and spend some time to gain information and not just pass an exam.

I wish there was a vetting system on this forum or some credit limit before you can ask a question. It seems too easy to fill a form to get an answer.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The answer to the OP's question is simple: postpone the exam.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    People need to be able to read and write prior to taking an exam. Especially one such the CISSP where tricky questions come at you from all directions.
  • Options
    thanks guys for taking time out in answering my thread..

there are two things here:

u might conceptually understand something but may not memorise each and every functionality,disadvantages,loopholes with that technology, which is the reason why i am getting low score.

its not that i havent understood anything but the tricky questions are bit difficult for me ...

thats the reason i asked for a help , meaning which questions i can practice more to get aquainted with the pattern.

i had done 3000 questions on cccure with 80% average..

shon harris questions are really good in assessing concept , but theu touch base minute things as well(which bcomes difficult for me to rember)

any help is appreciated... anyways am gng to attempt exam atleast for experience
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Just relax and take your time in the exam. You have six hours, so plan to use all of it. If you start to feel anxious, take a moment to move your mind into a calm, meditative place. This will give you the best chance of realizing the correct answers--consciously or unconsciously.
  • Options
    thanx murray....
  • Options
    guys,

Passed CISSP..thanks murray for ur words when i was in a state of confusion , was able to regain the confidence...
  • Options
    sesha569sesha569 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Sridhar..enjoy ...now you can relax for more time...
    dont forget write your experience icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    guys,

Passed CISSP..thanks murray for ur words when i was in a state of confusion , was able to regain the confidence...

Congrats..!!!
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Sam_aquaSam_aqua Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Sridhar :)
    Will be eager to know about your experience about it, especially around converged protocols as you were also worried about it :).

Cheers
    Sam
  • Options
    diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dang folks are harsh....lol Please know that is not the actual representation of this forum. JDMurray is a better representation.

Congrats on the PASS! icon_cheers.gifअपना ध्यान रखना
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root