Options

Very confused and lost. Need some career advice from you guys.

ConfusedDudeConfusedDude Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well i'll try to make this as precise as possible; all replies and advice is highly appreciated;

About me: Have a degree in Electronics engineering + MBA in marketing and one year experience in Pre-sales (Storage) post my MBA, a job which I'm currently doing. Now after a year I realize that I don't enjoy the travelling and client facing role which expects me to "sell" to someone else. I did an MBA only to realize that in the business side of things a lot of people interaction is required which I dislike. I like the technical part of my job but not the business side of it so much. I now want to shift to a totally back office and technical role with interaction with limited people. I'm not asocial or anything but I just can't handle meeting new prospects and maintaining a relation with so many different people. I'm good in small groups and see myself as a good problem solver and eager learner. I have the ITIL cert and looking to get more certifications in future.
I would want advice as to what career would be suitable for a person like me. I am open to all kinds of certifications like Networking or InfoSec. Would I get an entry level position or would I be overqualified and rejected. What are some indemand job roles expected to grow in the future with a worldwide demand ( I would like to travel and work in some different countries as well). Am willing to put in my best effort but don't really know where to start..

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Start from within your company. Look at the job postings and express your interest. Look at the requirements and see if you match it or are close to matching it
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    TheFORCE makes a good point. Have you spoken to your leadership about other opportunities inside your organization. Perhaps a transition from pre-sales to post-sales support would be something they would accommodate. If you have done well there and they value you it may be worth pursuing. The EE degree helps a lot, find a technology that you are interested in and that seems to be in demand in your target areas and go after relevant certifications. That will help you get interviews, after that it's up to you.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    ConfusedDudeConfusedDude Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot for your replies!