Options

CompTia Sec+ Certmaster training tool

happyend98happyend98 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Looking for some input on if anyone has used the CompTia Certmaster training for the Security + certification. I am purchasing my vouchers soon and thinking of trying this.
I also am using CBT Nuggets and some of the highly recommended books as well.
Any comments are greatly appreciated!!!

~Ken

Comments

• Options
    tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got the CertMaster only because a free retake came with it.

It's pretty good. Helped me figure out where my weak points are (still have trouble wrapping my head around some of the PKI stuff.) If it wasn't for the free retake that came with it I am not sure if I would have gotten it. Reading Gibson's book was more helpful than the CertMaster was.
  • Options
    happyend98happyend98 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    -thanks for the info. That's exactly why I am going to be trying it is for the re-take. I have Gibsons book and Keith Barkers CBT Nuggets for the Security+. I had heard there is a fair amount of RAID stuff on the test. Is that true?
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Only had 1 raid question if I remember correctly... RAID is quite straight forward really: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10 Explained with Diagrams
  • Options
    mattroland76mattroland76 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't use either Cert Master or CBT Nuggets, however, I agree with what the vast majority are saying: get Gibson's book. It really is very well written. Also check out Prof. Messer's videos and $10 study guide, as well as the CompTia exam objectives. Above all, make sure you truly understand all the concepts! That's important on all IT exams, but for some reason this one in particular is a real stickler about it!
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    I used the certmaster when I bought the bundle with two vouchers. Honestly like others have said, not sure if I would have used it if it didn't come with the bundle. It seemed to help somewhat to solidify some things but Darril Gibson's book and premium content and app for android is what really helped along with 2 other books I used.
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM