Options

CISSP Endorsement questions

tonglebeaktonglebeak Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
1) Is it true that you don't need a CISSP to endorse you, but anyone can endorse you so long as they have an ISC2 cert (i.e. a SSCP endorsing a CISSP)

2) When can the Associate of ISC2 be used? Can it be used while I wait for the endorsement to be submitted, or do I have to wait until ISC2 decides on the endorsement? I know I can't use the CISSP designation until then, but wasn't sure if I can use the Associate of ISC2 designation while the endorsement is submitted and then pending.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tonglebeak wrote: »
    1) Is it true that you don't need a CISSP to endorse you, but anyone can endorse you so long as they have an ISC2 cert (i.e. a SSCP endorsing a CISSP)

2) When can the Associate of ISC2 be used? Can it be used while I wait for the endorsement to be submitted, or do I have to wait until ISC2 decides on the endorsement? I know I can't use the CISSP designation until then, but wasn't sure if I can use the Associate of ISC2 designation while the endorsement is submitted and then pending.

Thanks!

Yes a SSCP can endorse your CISSP or any other ISC cert holder can endorse another as long as they are in good standings.
    No you cannot use the associate. You will have to wait for the full review by ISC to be completed beforw you use any of their credentials. In addition, the associate can only be used by those that do not meet the requirements of 5 year experience.
  • Options
    tonglebeaktonglebeak Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Yes a SSCP can endorse your CISSP or any other ISC cert holder can endorse another as long as they are in good standings.
    No you cannot use the associate. You will have to wait for the full review by ISC to be completed beforw you use any of their credentials. In addition, the associate can only be used by those that do not meet the requirements of 5 year experience.

Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.