Options

Two Job Interviews

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
So I have a bit of an issue. I have two interviews for two different jobs on two different days for the same organization. The problem? Both interviews are with the same two people. Thus the two people I meet with on the one day I will meet again in two weeks. It's sort of a double edge sword because say I do poorly for the first one, then the second (which is sort of a related role) will probably be in jeopardy. My thought was to mention it when I arrive for the first interview and see if perhaps I can just do both that day. Why waste their time, be it they are impressed or if they aren't? Thoughts?
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not a bad idea. It will likely show them that you respect their time. That, hopefully, will garner you some points.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That does sound like an awkward situation... Hopefully the people realize you have an interview with them twice. I'm assuming since you're interviewing with the same people the positions are closely related?
  • Options
    LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Out of curiosity, are these roles on different levels (i.e. security engineer vs. senior security engineer), or are they parallel to one another but in different departments (i.e. security engineer and network engineer)?
  • Options
    They are the same level on the same team, just different functions. The skill level and technical requirements are closely related.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    trickyb8trickyb8 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think it would better for you if you told them what the real deal is about their schedule. You don't want them to think your some kind of douche that hides things from them or intentionally wasting their time (which i believe you would be doing if you didn't tell them during the first interview.)

Walk in their, confident in the truth of the old adage "Honesty is the best policy."
  • Options
    Yup that was my plan. Thanks all!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff