Options

Bachelor of Information Systems

TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with the degree "Bachelor of Information Systems" which is a three year program here and gives 180 study points. A few months ago I sent off my application to the public governmental University here and found last week that I was accepted and will now become full time student there:)

They considered me based on certifications and work experience since I don't have any experience as a university student, but you need to be minimum 25 years old and have a minimum of 5 years work experience in the field you want to study as well as some High School subjects. What I learned is that even though your employer write a reference that you have been working there for as long as you have, the University didn't give you full score. Luckily I had documented a lot more than 5 years of work experience.

The syllabus looks interesting. There is programming, networking, systems administration, security and business management stuff.

The reason why I applied for this program is because I feel the syllabus looks more interesting than Computer Science, since it covers the USE of the technology and it does not require calculus mathematics, and it seems like a good way to get your foot through the door at the University.

Apparently you can move on to Master of Applied Informatics and Ph.D. in Information Systems etc.

I just attended a free University Preparation Week and met a lot of different people that have been out of school for some time. We learned a lot of useful practical things, such as attending lectures, taking notes, listening and writing techniques, speaking to an audience, as well as heavy focus on working in groups. This was a very learning-full week and I feel it was a good personal investment.

Well, what can I say? Looking forward to start studying! icon_study.gif
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018

Comments