Options

Just passed Mobility+

joondezjoondez Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed this test about an hour ago! I studied for about a month before taking the test, using the book and the materials inside. I actually have already been working as an MDM admin for the last couple of years; I just took this test to cement and continue my education.

In regards to test preparation, the Rogers book does an okay job. I would say that the book itself is not at fault if you miss any questions ; the test itself is written very poorly. I would say that in regards to the test, the book helped me 30%, my experience helped me 30%, and my own logical test taking skills helped about 40%. The reason for this is that the test has lot of "choose the BEST option" questions. I actually have experience working in the industry as an MDM admin, and I can say that the options CompTIA provide may not actually be the BEST option. Sometimes one of the other options may actually be better or logical. These questions were the difficult for me, because I had to guess which answer CompTIA wanted, instead of what I knew was actually possible. When taking the test you have to think of things from a step back, and forget your actual work experience.

I would advise anybody who plans to take the Mobility+ test to purchase the book. The knowledge inside will help you learn the material, but most importantly you will be able to use the practice questions to gauge what the test will be like. I would advise test takers to purchase the book in new condition, because the disc that comes inside has 200 practice questions. Each chapter (12 chapeters) also has about 20 practice questions, so that is a total of 440 questions.

One important thing to note: the questions on the disc (for me at least) were way too easy. The difficulty of the questions inside the actual book better replicate the test. In my opinion, the real test was more difficult than both the book and the disc.

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    joondez wrote: »
    I passed this test about an hour ago! I studied for about a month before taking the test, using the book and the materials inside. I actually have already been working as an MDM admin for the last couple of years; I just took this test to cement and continue my education.

In regards to test preparation, the Rogers book does an okay job. I would say that the book itself is not at fault if you miss any questions ; the test itself is written very poorly. I would say that in regards to the test, the book helped me 30%, my experience helped me 30%, and my own logical test taking skills helped about 40%. The reason for this is that the test has lot of "choose the BEST option" questions. I actually have experience working in the industry as an MDM admin, and I can say that the options CompTIA provide may not actually be the BEST option. Sometimes one of the other options may actually be better or logical. These questions were the difficult for me, because I had to guess which answer CompTIA wanted, instead of what I knew was actually possible. When taking the test you have to think of things from a step back, and forget your actual work experience.

I would advise anybody who plans to take the Mobility+ test to purchase the book. The knowledge inside will help you learn the material, but most importantly you will be able to use the practice questions to gauge what the test will be like. I would advise test takers to purchase the book in new condition, because the disc that comes inside has 200 practice questions. Each chapter (12 chapeters) also has about 20 practice questions, so that is a total of 440 questions.

One important thing to note: the questions on the disc (for me at least) were way too easy. The difficulty of the questions inside the actual book better replicate the test. In my opinion, the real test was more difficult than both the book and the disc.

Congrats! And Thank You for the tips.. I'm taking my test early next week and my nerves are at "full speed" right now! LOL. icon_smile.gif
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)