Options

Need Help

Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
Hi again,

So I've decided I will be accepting the IBM intern position ( I have a previous thread saying I got 2 internship offers).

I just want to know what I can email and say to the other company, because they are moving forward and contacting my references this week. I haven't officially signed anything yet, so I'm fine with that, but I want to email them and just say that I've chosen another job, but I'm not sure how to say it 'properly'.

I hope someone can help, I'm not sure what I can say.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Keep it short, professional, and thank them. Something along the lines of:

Dear <<Hiring Executive>>,

Thank you for extending the offer for the <<IT Support internship position>>. I appreaciate your time considering me for the position and answering my questions about the opportunity. After careful consideration, I have decided to accept a similar position at another company.

It's been a pleasure getting to know. Thank you for your time and support, and I wish you all the best.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with cyber.
    i would not wait long to let them know, since you definitely have your plan.
    if you have hiring manager phone number you could also call them to let them know too that you are declining any offers. If you have physical or email, send them nice short email as above too.
    it depends on you how much contact you had with them too.