Options

Resume update help!

SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I need to add more to my resume with technical skills and make it jump out more so to speak. I get interviews and all that. I just need to update it move things around and add some flair to it. I will include my cover letter so you can see what experience I have. I need to figure out what to use from my cover letter and apply on my resume. Also, I increased the font size on here so we can all read it.
Feel free to help me out. Any help is appreciated guys and gals icon_study.gif

A self-driven individual with a passion for technology is looking to fully utilize his technical background, knowledge and skills to benefit a business in its growth and productivity.
Education
January 2011 – January 2013
Interface College – Spokane, WA
  • Degree- Associate of Applied Technology: Computer Systems Support
  • Diploma- Network Administration And Technical Support: Windows Server 2008
Technical Skills:
  • Well versed in desktop repair, configuration, troubleshooting, installation, and administration of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OS X
  • Frequently installed network equipment such as routers, Cat5 cable, network cards and configured wireless or hard-wired local area networks
  • Able to setup and troubleshoot a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment and understands common protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and FTP
  • Experienced with end-user applications and Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013 products: Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
  • Strong customer service skills and patiently communicating technical issue in layman's terms to others
  • Can work as a team member or independently for IT support and other assigned tasks
  • Able to use remote desktop software to troubleshoot computer hardware, software problems, and remove viruses/malware
Work Experience
Contract work – Fluent Edge Technologies – Coeur d’Alene, ID
IT Tech support- Part time: January 2015 - Current
  • Setup new laptops, drove to client sites and evaluated computer errors and complaints, patiently listened and addressed client’s needs and concerns, worked with windows 7 and 8, cloned hard drives, upgraded ram, setup clients with unified email management software, responded to urgent technical issues, installed new software when required, setup Outlook accounts, added users to domains, setup VMware workstations with Server 2008 installs, documented computer errors and resolutions, assisted co-workers with technical issues when needed, researched new software for company use.
Sunshine Minting Incorporated – Coeur d’Alene, ID
IT Assistant/Administrator: February 2014 – June 2014
  • Worked in a corporate office and large manufacturing plant troubleshooting end user problems in Windows 7, XP and Mac OS X environments. Took incoming calls/e-mails and responded to IT problems in a timely manner. Regularly setup complete desktop workstations and required software, repaired iPhone 4’s, worked with operating systems in NComputing terminals, setup/configured Konica business printers, administered end users, setup file permissions and created security badges for new employees. Troubleshot software and network communication issues. Setup Linksys routers and switches, wired Cat5 cabling to new areas throughout the company for computers and manufacturing equipment.
Triple E Technologies - Post Falls, ID
Customer Support Technician: October 2013 – November 2013
  • Handled multiple calls, e-mails using Outlook and created help desk tickets for customer issues. Provided excellent customer service. Created documentation of issues and resolution. Multitasked customer calls while remotely solving computer issues at the same time. Troubleshot faulty hardware, software issues and network connection problems. Installed common end user applications and point of sale software. Trained customers with the use of POS software and network security. Paid close attention to detail while following written and verbal instructions daily.

Orchards -, WA
  • Part time worker: March 2013 – September 2013
  • General labor worker: October 2008 - December 2010
  • Assistant Manager: September 2006 - October 2008

COVER LETTER

Dear Hiring Manager

I am a self-motivated individual with experience working independently and in a team environment while contributing my skills to see that deadlines are met in a timely manner. I am friendly, patient, respectful, fun, thorough, and follow directions well. I’m also an excellent communicator.
Currently I am working for Fluent Edge Technologies on part time contract work. I am their IT Technical Support. I troubleshoot computer issues their clients have in the Coeur d’Alene and Sandpoint area. I drive to client sites with my personal vehicle and resolve technical issues they are experiencing. I also provide recommendations for software, security, upgrades and educate the user if needed. I can also setup virtual operating systems for users. I am thorough and make sure I meet our client’s needs. I always utilize my IT experience on each job I complete and I enjoy the work I do for others.
I was previously employed with Sunshine Minting Incorporated as an IT Assistant/Admin. I worked with Windows 7, Windows XP and Mac OS X. If needed I would install computer hardware, setup peripherals, clone hard drives, setup POE phones and install windows 7 for new builds. I also setup new laptops and MacBooks/iMacs. I even repaired iPhone 4’s and worked with Android phones. I also maintained inventory control of all IT hardware. In addition to this I would install software drivers, printers, setup new employees on their computers, create employee security badges using Adobe Photoshop CS6, troubleshoot NComputing Terminals, map network drives and assign file permissions to users. I also troubleshot network issues, setup switches, routers, used punch down tools, crimpers, network cable testers, Cat5 connectors and keystone jacks. I even wired Cat5 in the S.M.I. Plant to other computers and equipment. If anyone needed assistance I would respond by desk phone, cell phone, Gmail or Outlook. When I helped employees in person I responded promptly and patiently, explaining the IT problem in laymen’s terms. I can say in confidence I never received one complaint, only positive feedback on my behalf. In addition to my IT work I was willing to assist others, for example by building file cabinets, moving office furniture and running errands, ect. I have always had a passion for technology and enjoy learning new things. I enjoy assisting others with technology and believe my IT experience would greatly benefit you.

Sincerely,

Some IT guy

Comments

• Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I suggest:

1. Remove skills section and order the sections: summary, experience, education, certificates
    2. Change your intro to a summary of things you bring to a company.
    3. Remove all but your 2 most recent positions
    4. For each job give a brief summary and a bulleted list of things achieved and how it impacted the company
    5. It should fill 1 page

I can't help on the cover letter, don't use one currently.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)