Options

Route

MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I have been studying for ROUTE. I passed SWITCH over a year ago, and I want to finish my CCNP R/S, and then move on to CCIE. I am nervous because I passed CCNA about 6 years ago and haven't had any exposure to routing protocols since, with the exception of some light EIGRP. Basically I am starting over.
So far I am nearly done with my initial pass on EIGRP fundamentals and advanced concepts. Labbing it has been fun.
Next I will move on to OSPF, then BGP.
I set my test date for Sept 3. I have so much going on in between that it isn't even funny, but I am pretty confident I can pass. If I don't feel ready, I will reschedule.
I am using Chris Bryant, INE with Keith Bogart, the OCG, and IP Routing guide. I am hand writing notes and then hand writing flash cards from my notes. When I finish EIGRP, I will transfer the flashcards to Anki. I will do this with each major section. I may get ROUTE Simplified closer to the exam to give it a once over.

I am terrible at keeping study logs, but I will post here from time to time to keep up with my progress.

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Mow wrote: »
    So I have been studying for ROUTE. I passed SWITCH over a year ago, and I want to finish my CCNP R/S, and then move on to CCIE. I am nervous because I passed CCNA about 6 years ago and haven't had any exposure to routing protocols since, with the exception of some light EIGRP. Basically I am starting over.
    So far I am nearly done with my initial pass on EIGRP fundamentals and advanced concepts. Labbing it has been fun.
    Next I will move on to OSPF, then BGP.
    I set my test date for Sept 3. I have so much going on in between that it isn't even funny, but I am pretty confident I can pass. If I don't feel ready, I will reschedule.
    I am using Chris Bryant, INE with Keith Bogart, the OCG, and IP Routing guide. I am hand writing notes and then hand writing flash cards from my notes. When I finish EIGRP, I will transfer the flashcards to Anki. I will do this with each major section. I may get ROUTE Simplified closer to the exam to give it a once over.

I am terrible at keeping study logs, but I will post here from time to time to keep up with my progress.

Mow - I know how you feel man. I got my CCNA R&S back in 2005 but then I let it go because I changed degree's to Forestry and then changed back but by then it expired; something I've regretted for many years now still I basically forgot the fine details but the skills I learned all those years ago did help me get back in IT 6 years ago... I swear it was easier back then than it is now, but I was also much younger too.

As for studying notes I feel you, I have 6 notepads with notes over 5 months that I took such detailed notes I'm only reading this book again to make sure I don't overlook anything.

But I'm pretty sure you'll do fine, if your like most if your in networking these past few years your hands-on outpaces your book learning. Question is have you taken so many shortcuts the past few years you've forgotten your roots?